What did you do with your truck/shop today

SarahsGMC

Saturday I drove myself and my cousin to our aunt and uncle's place here in Virginia. Made good time only took about 12 hours and about 1.7 tanks of fuel. Yesterday I moved my truck out of the way. Truck said 26° when I looked early this morning. Tent and sleeping bag worked great last night.

Sent from my Find7 using Tapatalk

That's something I need to do badly. Went to the scrap yard yesterday for a buddy of mine with the truck and flatbed trailer. The thing got trashed.

Hardly worth the effort. We had the entire bed full, plus most of the 18' flatbed - ended up with $124. I think I'll keep stockpiling until the price goes up at least a little bit.

IMG_8095.JPG

IMG_8096.JPG

Took truck to town today and bought lunch for the family.  Got burgers and fries and onion rings for 11 people and only spent $7.75 for all of it!!! Local place opened on Thanksgiving day in 1967 and they had a 50th party with opening day prices.  A quarter pound cheese burger was $0.60 French fries were $0.30 and milk shakes were $0.50.  :jester:

• Like 3

That's great!

I can tell you don't live anywhere near the Northeast. Price gouging is accepted up here, even on Christmas. :sick:

Cleaned the truck after the scrap run covered it in mud. Took the easy way out and just rolled through the car wash. Does a crappy job, but at least it got most of the mud off it.

On the drive home I was looking at all the crap laying on my console, and how my windows were extremely dirty. Haven't cleaned the interior in 4 years! Cleaned all the glass, inside and out, pulled all the crap out of the truck and vacuumed the floor and cleaned the floor mats. Cleaned all the dust off the gauges too - that's been bugging me forever.

While doing this, I noticed the crappy job the body shop did - could see outlines of tape and overspray all over the tinted rear door glass. Also noticed the amber coating on my turn signal / running light bulbs is flaking off, and leaving pieces at the bottom of the headlight assembly. Then noticed one headlight starting to fog up at the bottom. Removed my interior light and cleaned all the bugs out. Looking at the structure of the roof, I was just amazed at how cheaply built this truck is. It's a wonder they even last as long as they do!

Aired up my flat spare a couple weeks back - even covered in oil and Fluid Film, the rim's bead still corroded and leaked air. Had to bust the tire off the rim, and wire wheel all the corrosion off. Used a rust proofing bead lubricant to reinstall. Hopefully I'll get more than 91k miles out of it this time. Sad part is, this thing sits in a garage 90% of the time! Imagine if I parked it outside ...

downsize.jpg

IMG_8101.JPG

IMG_8102.JPG

IMG_8103.JPG

IMG_8104.JPG

IMG_8105.JPG

Used the truck the same way last night. Installed a LED barn light. Still could barely reach the damn thing with my 22' ladder.

Going to have to buy a bigger one I guess. Lost my easy roof access when I tore down the back section lean-to.

IMG_8149.JPG

Edited by Jsdirt

Oh I've got several of those dents. A couple of them from my own elbows ... :sick:

These trucks use body metal that makes a beer can feel like Abrams A1/2 tank skin ...