What did you do with your truck/shop today

SarahsGMC

They don’t take well to an 8yr olds appx 40mph fastball either, glad it missed the window. Told him when he makes it big he can pay me back having it fixed Friday

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Nor do they take well to small saplings at 3 mph - that cost me $2,200 in repairs ... and I disassembled and reassembled everything! That was just for the body shop. It had to go on the frame machine to straighten the box! I couldn't believe it. Truck was just 2 years old then.

I backed into a concrete parking lot light base in Phoenix with my '72 El Camino at nearly 20 mph, and it pushed the bumper and one side of the tailgate in 1/4"!  Hit so hard it almost knocked me out. Stalled the engine instantly too - all the fuel came right out of the float bowl. :lol:

Sure don't build 'em like they used to ...

El Camino 23 (7).JPG

Edited by Jsdirt

On 11/26/2017 at 12:46 PM, RyanbabZ71 said:

Damn truck is a baseball magnet

92b30205d9baee485cfabb7fdb51cdd8.jpg

Ryan B.

Is there a crease in it?  No, grab some dry ice on a HOT day, let that door warm up for a while, take the dry ice, swirl it from the outside of the dent to the middle, stop the swirl, and PULL.  Removed several hundred hail dents from my '93 Grand Am that way, bought it for half price, post T-storm from hell, car looked like a golf ball, when I bought it.

1 hour ago, RyanbabZ71 said:

No crease

Hot day? Lol going to be quite awhile for those to come back. I know a PDR guy and he is coming out Friday to repair

Ryan B.

Yeah, I was just thinking about that while I was at lunch.  I wonder if anyone has used a propane heater to warm up their vehicle to pull dents with dry ice?

Worked on a John Deere Gator 825i. What a terrible experience. It was running rough and very short on power.

Smelled rich. Checked all spark plugs, injectors, etc. No CEL or any indicator light to speak of. Figured I should take out the 02 sensor just to eliminate exhaust issues, but the stinking sensor plug hooks in where you can't even reach it.

Not sure what to do next.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Loaded up the truck this morning for a day of cleaning, maintenance, and decorating for Christmas at the Edwards AFB Chapel.  Wanted to run someone(s) over for not tearing the trees down and putting them in their storage bags back in January.  They BROKE the tallest (9') one, that should be in the sanctuary and bent the top on the 6' tree, for the fellowship hall.  We carefully straightened out the 6' and put it in the sanctuary.  Then ran all of our tools/supplies home, put them away, and ran to Rosamond for their Parade of Lights, where my daughter was playing in the Desert HS Marching Band. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kstruckcountry said:

Worked on a John Deere Gator 825i. What a terrible experience. It was running rough and very short on power.

Smelled rich. Checked all spark plugs, injectors, etc. No CEL or any indicator light to speak of. Figured I should take out the 02 sensor just to eliminate exhaust issues, but the stinking sensor plug hooks in where you can't even reach it.

Not sure what to do next.

Might either have to disassemble half the machine, or remove that section of pipe. Nice how they build them today, huh? :shakehead:

Starting to see FI make it's way into lawn equipment too. BAD idea.  Great when it works, but down the line, it's just going to cost the consumer MUCH more money than it should.

There's a reason 90% of piston-driven aircraft that fly over us every day still use magnetos, points, and CARBURETORS!

On 12/1/2017 at 11:56 AM, RyanbabZ71 said:

this one was $100.  

It's amazing how those guys pop dents out. 

My mom got a small dent in her brand new Subaru Impreza, high on the door, next to the body line, and mirror. Guy worked it out in 10 minutes - you'd never know it was ever there. Only charged her $70 too! Came right to her house and did it in the driveway.

Guess that's the one benefit to the beer-can bodies they put on vehicles these days! :D

Might either have to disassemble half the machine, or remove that section of pipe. Nice how they build them today, huh? :shakehead:

Starting to see FI make it's way into lawn equipment too. BAD idea.  Great when it works, but down the line, it's just going to cost the consumer MUCH more money than it should.

There's a reason 90% of piston-driven aircraft that fly over us every day still use magnetos, points, and CARBURETORS!

I actually like fuel injection, I just don't like it when it's done wrong. Deere even put the injector plugs underneath the fuel rail, where access is blocked by the intake manifold.

Did notice one of the spark plugs was pretty fouled, and they are brand new. Apparently the injectors on these like to leak, which could explain the fouling. However, it's strange that it doesn't leak when the engine is off, if it did it might cause a hard start, and it starts fine.

Deere also put the alternator next to the engine (instead of on top), in the dustiest, grassiest place possible. It's difficult to access to even get a multimeter on it. The taillight harnesses drag on the tires if you drive with the bed in the dump position. Overall, not designed well.

Yikes - sounds like some cars I get over here!

If they built everything like my '05 Polaris Sportsman 800, I wouldn't mind FI. I haven't had a single hiccup in that system so far. Bought it new Jan.'05, has about 1,300 miles on it, 270 hours or so. All Bosch electronics and sensors - very well built.

A fuel pressure test will confirm a leaky injector. Should notice a slow, steady bleed down when the engine is off. Fuel fouled plug is a dead ringer for that - could probably just shotgun an injector at it and be right. 

Edited by Jsdirt