What did you do with your truck/shop today

SarahsGMC

Today.. I said goodbye to the 2012 Duramax and watched it get loaded up onto a flatbed and shipped off.  :(  Trying to fix up mom's PoS Hyundai Santa Fe as I'll have to drive that for a few months until I can get me another truck.  If I can get me another truck. 

• Sad 1

IMG_0344.thumb.jpg.d0464cfa635c0d814c05d5ff5c4765d3.jpg
So, last Saturday I traded the '13 ext cab in on a 2014 Sierra SLT crew cab with the 6.2L. Our first child is due in four weeks and we have been looking for a crew cab for a couple months now. I got a promotion over a month ago which allows me to have a take home vehicle, so I don't drive my personal truck during the week. Therefore, I bumped the mileage up on what we were looking for and found this one with 55k. All service records provided and extremely well taken care of. Man these 6.2L's are a monster. It has a 2" level, 295/60/20 Toyo AT2's, and MBRP exhaust.

Hope she will be a great truck. Merry Christmas to all!

Edit: Sorry for the sideways photo... can't get it to rotate.

You won’t regret the CC.

Ryan B.

Drove about 450 miles yesterday, mainly on US69.

Drove through the ghost town of Picher, OK. The area produced much of the lead used in both World Wars and is now a Superfund site. Going to have to explore it next time I'm through there.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Installed some lights in the new shop. 40w LED fixtures, 4' long, 4,800 lumens with 5k color temp.. Pretty bright. Makes the old fluorescents in the barn look yellow. Bought 6 of them.

Super easy install. There's a 2-prong outlet on the back of each fixture - the light can be powered by that, or by the 5' cord on the other end (when powering via double male plug thru the outlet, the plug becomes HOT though - I tested it and confirmed! Had my suspicions ... glad I tested before touching :D ). I wired the lights in an "S" fashion. I'll install an outlet within reach of the first light on the left's cord, and the rest will be powered off that. I like easy.  

Unfortunately UPS stepped on one of them, and nearly crushed it flat. Of course, I didn't find this out until the day I went to install them. I should know by now to open the damn boxes when things are delivered! On it's way back now. Never fails.  Still pretty good lighting for having one fixture missing, though. I could've got away with 4 in a pinch. Can never have too much light, though.

The lights and door motor are rigged up on extension cords until I get some time to finish the wiring.

Should be pouring the floor next week. Right in the arctic blast that's on it's way. Figures. Guess weather doesn't much matter today - they have ways of keeping it from freezing.

IMG_8438.thumb.JPG.f31c6493427494bedfc01b72f9f059e7.JPG

IMG_8440.thumb.JPG.fde3c5c2f18668e4e2d602b91a2320a4.JPG

IMG_8439.thumb.JPG.cc6a1d31e831685a043fb4d531c2f20f.JPG

• Like 2

On 12/25/2017 at 12:10 AM, Colossus said:

uggh.  Should have stuck with 3000-4100k.  Won't be as harsh on the eyes and screw up your melatonin levels as the 5000k+ levels do.  otherwise looks good. 

I have 6500 in my garage.  Its like daylight.  Great lighting

Liquid car dissolver. It's trip towards the scrapyard begins ... :sick:

Wish I still lived in Phoenix ... 

Floor never got poured, because of this:

IMG_8500.JPG

23? Id wash mine.  Low today of -12 here [emoji20]

Since it is 59 here I might as well get started on the fuel pump for the car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

14 minutes ago, Chris said:

Since it is 59 here I might as well get started on the fuel pump for the car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah, 61, on this side of the mountain.  I might fix my refuel port/cup, and wash my truck.