What did you do with your truck/shop today

SarahsGMC

That idiot took away somebody's son, dad and husband for what possible reason other than stupidity.  His driver's permit should be revoked permanently when caught.

I went to the junkyard this morning looking for the 2 louvered vents on top of the radio of my Trax .

seen here in this picture...

zdutiS9.jpg

The new radio bezel didn't come with them

P8r6fca.jpg

and I wanted to be able to return the old MyLink radio quickly if need be.  Got there and they only had 2 Trax of older models with different radio and both were heavily damaged and both bezels were broken, but the vent part appeared to be the same and one of them was intact. So I grabbed it and brought it to the counter.

The guy at the counter looked at it and said you can have that if you can salvage what you need.  So price was good but was it ever filthy.  All I needed were the vents and spring clips so I took it apart and cleaned it piece-by-piece.

zz1YwAq.jpg
6sOreKf.jpg
qzBHwjO.jpg

Then put it all back together...

u6EZYKr.jpg
o5j39gt.jpg

Then he tells me, we have an non inventoried 2006 Silverado which you can have the cluster and HVAC control unit out of. So took those home too. 

Don't know if I can salvage the cluster yet but I LEDed the HVAC unit and put it up for sale on Kijiji for 60$

UxbRtK5.jpg
2v9ZDSZ.jpg

So a good day.

• Like 1

On 7/5/2018 at 8:37 AM, Coby7 said:

Scary situation

It was.  Went yesterday afternoon/evening to retrieve a few things from her.  “Joey’s” car was inside the evidence shed, about 40ft away.  Was a little rough, seeing his car there.   

It was.  Went yesterday afternoon/evening to retrieve a few things from her.  “Joey’s” car was inside the evidence shed, about 40ft away.  Was a little rough, seeing his car there.   

Was talked about in the 412 MXS fuel shop. One of the guys was reading headlines. Didn’t realize it was yours til you posted it. We were trying to figure out what a no contact hit and run was

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

3 minutes ago, Chris said:

Was talked about in the 412 MXS fuel shop. One of the guys was reading headlines. Didn’t realize it was yours til you posted it. We were trying to figure out what a no contact hit and run was

The third vehicle, black Hyundai, made no contact with any of the other vehicles involved, caused the wreck, and ran like a bat out of hell.

The third vehicle, black Hyundai, made no contact with any of the other vehicles involved, caused the wreck, and ran like a bat out of hell.

I understood that after I read the article. Was an odd headline so the guy brought it up. No talk I’ve heard on Edwards other than that.

• Like 1

Did a real oil change finally on the 86 its been months since I did a real oil change aside from adding used oil to it because of the leaks. Cleaned the carb up best I could without taking it off, and gave it some Rotella 15/w40 and STP oil treatment with stop leak.  Heavier oil mixed with stop leak should help a little with the oil loss, we will see. Once Red comes back from the shop I want to tear that carb out and rebuild it. Washed it as well and also grabbed some gumout for the fuel system and carb but need to run down the tank a bit before I add it.

forgot I also installed dennys headlights on his duramax, he loves them

20180702_151812.jpg

20180708_223634.jpg

IMG950444.jpg

IMG950445.jpg

IMG950447.jpg

Edited by SarahsGMC

LEDed a 2006 diesel Silverado HD cluster and repaired his FOB ( #15132198 ) 

His stepper motors were still all working but were they ever noisy, I'm sure he'll be back to see me soon.

vQtS4Dv.jpg

• Like 2

Ordered a new 4x4 selector switch. The current one seems to be part of why it's throwing service 4x4.

The rust on my rear fenders is finally breaking through. They really do rust inside out. I wish someone made OEM style fiberglass bedsides I could put on.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Or maybe for once GM could treat the metal so it doesn't rust.  They have the technology but their trucks would last too long and they wouldn't sell new ones.  What they don't know is maybe they would sell a lot more and Ford and Dodge fans may flip.

• Like 1

Changed my oil and fuel filter.  I was going to change the transmission filter but I ran out of energy so I went and had it balanced.  Loaded a probably 100-200+ lbs of wheel weights into the bed while it was getting balanced.  Again too tired and it's too hot to remove the buckets of weights and dump them out so I've got some traction control until I dump those out.  Maybe next weekend I'll rotate the tires and wash it.

Or maybe for once GM could treat the metal so it doesn't rust.  They have the technology but their trucks would last too long and they wouldn't sell new ones.  What they don't know is maybe they would sell a lot more and Ford and Dodge fans may flip.
It isn't really a paint issue, on the exterior it has held up very well. The issue, at least on fenders and rockers on my pickup, is that the design incorporates folded seams, with spot welds. Dust and moisture collect there no matter what. Maybe with the proper treatment, it could be slowed down more. Or with glass bedsides.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk