What did you do with your truck/shop today

SarahsGMC

On 7/14/2018 at 4:26 PM, kstruckcountry said:

It isn't really a paint issue, on the exterior it has held up very well. The issue, at least on fenders and rockers on my pickup, is that the design incorporates folded seams, with spot welds. Dust and moisture collect there no matter what. Maybe with the proper treatment, it could be slowed down more. Or with glass bedsides.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I've got rust bubbles forming underneath the paint on my Silverado. Thing is ALWAYS clean, and always parked in the garage at night, too. I chalk this up to cheap, shitty paint / clear coat.

Truck has sat for over a week, since I've been out in OH with my dad. I did manage to score a gallon of Methyl-Ethyl Ketone at an Amish hardware store though! Don't tell the MA authorities - I'll probably do time for possession ... :lol: Can't find any good chemicals in this state, thanks to the mental rejects that run it ...

Edited by Jsdirt
Posted pics meant for other thread, forgot to quote, and other screwups ....

On 16/07/2018 at 4:00 PM, Jsdirt said:

I've got rust bubbles forming underneath the paint on my Silverado. Thing is ALWAYS clean, and always parked in the garage at night, too. I chalk this up to cheap, shitty paint / clear coat.

Truck has sat for over a week, since I've been out in OH with my dad. I did manage to score a gallon of Methyl-Ethyl Ketone at an Amish hardware store though! Don't tell the MA authorities - I'll probably do time for possession ... :lol: Can't find any good chemicals in this state, thanks to the mental rejects that run it ...

So what do you use the MEK for?   I use it at work to flush my paint lines and gun.  

• Like 1

I use it mainly as a fast cleaner - nothing takes stubborn crap off faster than MEK, aside from FIRE, lol. I also use it to rejuvenate my 20-40 year old touch-up paint tubes from time to time, when they dry out and become like molasses. Works great along the same lines with rubber cement for tire patches as well - those cans get left open longer than they should.

• Like 1

I buy Amsoil chlorinated brake cleaner whenever I go to Vegas. You probably still have better shit than I do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah, CA is REAL bad. I can't believe how far back they go on emission testing too. What a racket. I only lived there briefly.

Only thing nicer would be a reimbursement check from GM. :)

I'll hold my breath .... :lol:

Today after I got home from work I loaded the new wheels and tires in my truck to get mounted and balanced. Installed them at home. 235/35R19 doesn’t look bade6b7aea64e4c248edd5b916f55b33e77.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

Had my fourth set of tires installed today, not to bad for me 3 sets to go 160,000 miles.  Brakes still looked good not going to do anything to them at this time.  :jester:

• Like 1