What did you do with your truck/shop today

SarahsGMC

Wife said she could not find the truck since I removed the lift and chrome accessories. So I was forced to add some details. Opted for a 90s Chevy Sport Truck decal kit.

2019-01-12 16.30.56-1.jpg

E9C7328F-D8F4-4DD0-BB2A-6297D4C1B125.jpeg

007D070F-0635-47A4-8E4F-AFDD271DBEDE.jpeg

Edited by Mikebtte
  • Like 2

Not bad.^

Took my attic from 6" of cellulose to 12-15 depending on the spot. That's R44 to R55. HVAC company wanted $3000 to get to R38, cost me  $550. Some spots might be R60 minimum, bought plenty so I completely covered quite a few ducts completely, and a 24 inch tall return. 

Should have parked all my cars at the curb, didnt think it would carry that far.

No new holes in the Ceiling, but did have a close call. :lol:

Edited by SnakeEyeSS
  • Like 4

Oh, and Hauled it all back in my dad's F150 with the 3.5 ecoboost. He has had it over a year and I just connected his phone to the SYNC 3 system today. He thought it is was a pay service(probably thought it was Ford's variant of OnStar), and made his first hands free call. :lol: gotta see if I can do the Android Auto update to it myself for him, that will blow his mind.

Edited by SnakeEyeSS
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Been fighting the damn head cold that everyone seems to be getting so all I accomplished today was putting in the Weathertech floor liners for the '04 and '16 Silverados. Tomorrow maybe put on the mudflaps. 

Entered 6 digit territory on January 10th, Kinda surreal to see that happen after 2.5 years. Happy to report he is running great with no issues. Maybe I'll leave a goodwill report in the K2 Section :D

Time to register for Chevy Truck Legends!

As a reward for him / birthday present for me he got his new wheels installed on January 15th. They got here in perfect shape, and they went on in perfect shape. Finally got a good guy at Big O, and to encourage him I gave him a 20 in an effort to encourage the continuation of such great work.

Borla is also sending me a new front pipe, should be here monday. The current one has a banshee wail above 4k rpm, they labeled it as a bad valve. Excited to hopefully get my SIlverado sounding like a race truck above 4k RPM and not an F-14 spooling for takeoff :lol: 

Finally got my park brake adjusted properly. Turns out it helps when you use the GM spec clearance gauge, set proper gapping, and tension the cable accordingly. Now it holds against 1500 RPM engine speed on a 10 degree grade. Maybe not the best way to check it, but now I know it works :thumbs:

• Like 3

How's the new rig compare to the old Raven?

Got the new Borla front pipe on. SAME DAMN F*&%^$#& HOWL. Wonder if there's something in the muffler causing issues. Pipe is free and clear, no issues there. For some reason they cut a hole in the middle of the flapper paddle, though it doesn't seem to hurt functionality too much. 

Emailed them again, hopefully they can figure something out. Starting to wish I kept my factory exhaust, this is getting annoying. Kinda takes the fun out of your $1000 exhaust system when your V8 sounds more like a mini jet than a hot rod. 

Today in the shop, just finished a 2004 Tahoe cluster refurbish with not even 90k miles.  What a nice truck for a 2004!!! Burgundy with gray accent.

hwIZ9ea.jpg?1

@tm +5.4°C ( +41.7°F )

Edited by Coby7

Wifey pulled her car out of the shop this morning to go to work, and sunk to the hubs immediately upon leaving the concrete floor. 72 hours ago it was -5°F (-21°C), and the following day, the high was -1°F (-18°C) ... right now, 55°F (13°C) !!  Can't get anyone in the shop right now. Have to wait for the deeper soil to thaw out ... which won't be happening, since the forecast is below freezing temps for tonight. Should be some killer wind out of that one ...

Plus, nearly 2" of rain on top of it all. Got a small pond around the apple trees ...

IMG-9860.jpg

Got a new(er) one coming myself. My ol' man was having spark issues with his 15 year old Ariens, so he went out and bought a new one, and gave the old one to me. I've been running a 30 year old Toro for the past 7 years - got it free, and restored it in '13, and installed heated grips. My gut is telling me I should keep the Toro ... but I'm going to take a chance on the flimsy, modern one and see what happens.

We finished the day with 2.39" of rain, on top of all the snow and ice that melted with the 55° air that rolled in. Epic flooding! I haven't seen this much water in my yard since the flood of '11.