What did you do with your truck/shop today

SarahsGMC

Drove about 60 miles round trip to sell my Fourwheeler to someone. Then got caught in pouring down rain the whole drive back. I know one thing I can't wait to get those new Coopers put on!

Edited by Daryl NHT

dunes again, helped a guy whos tire flew off while going over a hill at 50 mph he broke my socket wrench lmao

Craftsman? If so you can get a new one no questions asked

Ryan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it was stanley lol im upgrading to craftsman

drove the dunes again... alone.. then my buddy got hit by a couple mindless indians in a rental buggy without a license... thats the 5th accident in a rental buggy/jeep ive seen indians cause.. they need to stay out of my town..

it was stanley lol im upgrading to craftsman

drove the dunes again... alone.. then my buddy got hit by a couple mindless indians in a rental buggy without a license... thats the 5th accident in a rental buggy/jeep ive seen indians cause.. they need to stay out of my town..

Exactly why I wouldn't go on a holiday weekend. I wish it was closer cause 3 hours each way is a bit too much to make a day trip out of but in the end with as busy as crap has been for me I doubt I'll have much free time till the weekend a bunch of us are planning in June anyhow. Same after that. Headed to St. Ignace a couple weeks after that, back east to visit the parents and friends in the end of July all around the work schedule. Blah. I need to clone myself and make the other one do all the work stuff so I have time to go out and have fun more often. :lol:

god that would be awesome to have a clone lmao, i gotta say this whole weekend was a headache but the dunes are relaxing once the sun starts to set now i gotta clean all the sand out of everywhere. let me know when you come out here we can cruise, i finally took mine up test hill the other day with bald tires running on 18psi i feel like a badass now.. hahah jk

I'll be there the weekend of June 15th. Might not get on the dunes Friday as I'm towing up a friends truck and I may not arrive early enough. As for tires, you'd be surprised- my first trip there was in 2008 riding with a friend who had bald MTs on a ZR2 S10 and he went everywhere. I'll be interested to see how the 18s on this truck air down with a smaller sidewall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I washed, clay barred, re-washed, machine sealed and then waxed my truck. Detailed it inside and out, all by hand and it wore me out especially since it felt like it was 96 outside already.

Also ordered a Cold Air Inductions intake the other day, and ordered SSBC Big Bite rotors and Hawk pads today.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Just watched my truck get rained on most of the day. We have this tropical storm blowing through & it's getting wetter & wetter. I did get out to go house hunting for a new place to live. Of course I "have" to take the truck...lol

Pulled out 2 very old bushes today. The one had roots about 5" around , And the other had a ton of 2-3" round roots..

I had a video of the one but my droid X let me down multiple times with the others.. kept crashing on me and could not open the camera :banghead:

And the other video that I just had on my phone showed 2 different file extensions that saved twice but same video.. So i deleted one, and now i cant find the other on the phone! :cry::sigh:

So as of now all i have is a picture of the aftermath . Anyone know how to retrieve a video on android after deleting? I looked for a app but not much came up other than spyware..

It was a pretty good video to with me burning up the tires a bit trying to go torque at first... Then when i saw i could not get traction I just started tugging. This was all done with a 2" looped strap rated at 20k, and pulled via my hook in receiver. I have one strap I keep strictly for pulling bushes. (this one) . It offers nice recoil but tough enough not to fray..

And I keep one strap 3" rated at 30k or 40k... something crazy.. for pulling vehicles.

PART_1338261437559.jpg

Where did you find a 40k strap? I only have a 20.

And I pulled a good friend's boat to the lake today, almost glassy this afternoon which is rare for KS. On return to the boat ramp I was accosted for not having enough life preservers or a "throwable"; I guess two tubes wouldn't be enough for the one person without a vest. Or horn. And apparently going too fast in a no wake zone (10), though he didn't seem to have any problem with the jetskis tearing in and out of it. This was all after we spent half an hour assisting a boat broken down in the middle of the lake, no karma withdrawals today. Was very polite and courteous as I accepted the $100 ticket. I would have bought aforementioned safety gear with that $100 if he'd let me off with a warning... :rant:

But long story short, had a great time for the majority of the day.

Edited by kstruckcountry

I cant remember if mine is a 4" or 3".. Ive only used it once for pulling a forklift out of mud so far.... I bought it a long time ago tho.

Here is the 4"

http://www.ebay.com/...dbfab85&vxp=mtr

And the 3"

http://www.ebay.com/...dbfab81&vxp=mtr

Mine looks identical to the 4" tho.. I have to remember to measure it and see.. I believe i paid right around $50-60 for it . I remember at the time it was a deal to good to pass.

Oh yea... here is a 6" :lol:

http://www.ebay.com/...p-/130421861259

Im sure u can find all these cheaper online.. Ebay is not always cheapest ive learned..

Edited by 06Z71Silvy

Bald tires do better in sand I've learned than mud tires that's for sure.

Today I replaced my ratchet and almost got hit by lightning getting out of my truck at work, it bolted directly above me scared the hell otta me.. glad my flag wasn't on.