What did you do with your truck/shop today

SarahsGMC

More overcast today! They're saying it's supposed to clear this afternoon - I'll believe it when I see it.

Grass getting taller by the day ... no end of this crap in sight. Yard is a quagmire from the nearly 10" of rain the past 5 weeks - mowing will have to wait. Going to be a pain in the ass once I finally get to it. It'll be a foot high or more by then!

Friggin electronics for ya! Post doesn't go through ... then I have 3!!!! :mad::mad:

Edited by Jsdirt
Delete triplicate post

Have someone coming Friday to look st my truck. Mine new one is getting there

Trailboss lift and black side steps added. Painted door handles next up

4b3d38f074d2a60f3ff4cc8fc621a8b8.jpg

Ryan B.

• Like 2

Today I tuned up a 10 year old Lawn Boy lawnmower.  It hadn't ever had a tune up.  The carb was gummed up from years of not using fuel stabilizer and letting fuel sit in the tank all winter long, the plug was worn down, and the air filter was in pretty bad shape.  The oil was BLACK.  Which is never a good sign unless you have a diesel.  But she cleaned up nicely and the Techumseh engine came back to life.  My friend was pleased and rewarded me with several gift cards in addition to the $$$ for parts I paid. 

I then did a minor tune up on my 3 year old Ariens Razor walk behind mower (Subaru engine) did an oil change and sharpened the blade.  She purrs like a kitten.  One of the best mowers I've used, and even beats a top of the line Honda walk behind. 

11 hours ago, Colossus said:

I've never seen one of those so small like that.. how much did that set you back?

They make ones way smaller than that. I've got a Mantis - 2-stroke, weighs barely over 20 lbs..  https://mantis.com/why-mantis-tillers/

Yeah, nobody takes care of mowers , or other OPE - I make a killing off of them. They are the most neglected engines on the planet. When the oil has a brownish hue to it, that's when you know you've got a REAL bad one on your hands.  I worked on a small 4-stroke tiller someone ran and never did valve adjustments on - the valve clearance became so big, the rocker fell right off the valve. They don't run too good with valves that won't open ... :lol:

Here's a tiller carb I got one time - sat with fuel in it for 12 years. Pre-ethanol days, so it wasn't as bad as it could've been.

Carburetor-clogged-BAD-Troy-Bilt-tiller.

In other news, FINALLY got my parts for the Silverado! 8 weeks I've been waiting for them to build it. Haven't driven the Silverado since March 12th. Will be starting on this today. Stuff is built like a TANK - 100x better than anything GM could've come up with. Plus it's an air locker - turns the differential into a spool with the flick of a switch. I don't do much heavy off-roading - just wanted something built GOOD! No more crap G80. And that friggin cover is as heavy as a manhole cover! Will outlast the truck, that's for sure!

IMG-0654.jpg

fullsizeoutput-ab1.jpg

IMG-0667.jpg

IMG-0668.jpg

IMG-0670.jpg

Edited by Jsdirt
  • Like 2

I've never seen one of those so small like that.. how much did that set you back?

It’s a tiller with aerator attachments. Cost for the tiller was about $300 and the aerator attachment was like $100-150

Ryan B.

Worth every penny right there - that thing is SWEET!  Will outlast any of the junk sold in the past 24 years, guaranteed. That was the last solid platform GM has ever produced. Wish I had kept my '94 K1500 with 266, 000+ miles on the clock.

Here I am at 97,322 miles on a 2007, and I'm doing this ... :fume:

IMG-0694.jpg

IMG-0695.jpg

IMG-0696.jpg

fullsizeoutput-ad9.jpg

IMG-0698.jpg

• Like 1

Went a little overboard with oil???

Mobil has a good rebate at the moment

921117373bfa40ad4477b9d19be8c773.jpg

42a2e1b50f3713b7e479c5891867d796.jpg

Ryan B.
They do the rebates twice a year. Glad to see I'm not the only one stocking oil. I had 20 gallons of oil, I think I'm down to 10ish and I've got another oil change coming up. Always nice getting 10 gallons for about the price of 5! I think next time I'm going to get the gallon jugs instead of 5 gallon buckets. If I did my math right it'll be cheaper that way too.

Sent from my Find7 using Tapatalk

They make ones way smaller than that. I've got a Mantis - 2-stroke, weighs barely over 20 lbs..  https://mantis.com/why-mantis-tillers/

Yeah, nobody takes care of mowers , or other OPE - I make a killing off of them. They are the most neglected engines on the planet. When the oil has a brownish hue to it, that's when you know you've got a REAL bad one on your hands.  I worked on a small 4-stroke tiller someone ran and never did valve adjustments on - the valve clearance became so big, the rocker fell right off the valve. They don't run too good with valves that won't open ... [emoji38]

Here's a tiller carb I got one time - sat with fuel in it for 12 years. Pre-ethanol days, so it wasn't as bad as it could've been.

Carburetor-clogged-BAD-Troy-Bilt-tiller.jpg

In other news, FINALLY got my parts for the Silverado! 8 weeks I've been waiting for them to build it. Haven't driven the Silverado since March 12th. Will be starting on this today. Stuff is built like a TANK - 100x better than anything GM could've come up with. Plus it's an air locker - turns the differential into a spool with the flick of a switch. I don't do much heavy off-roading - just wanted something built GOOD! No more crap G80. And that friggin cover is as heavy as a manhole cover! Will outlast the truck, that's for sure!

IMG-0654.jpg

fullsizeoutput-ab1.jpg

IMG-0667.jpg

IMG-0668.jpg

IMG-0670.jpg

Since I don't have a gasser anymore my edger and mower get fed Mobil 1 that I never got used on the 6.0s. They get blown off after every use too, mower looks almost brand new even though it's 10+ years old.

Sent from my Find7 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I do the same thing. I want my stuff to last - no money tree in my backyard! The z-turn gets Amsoil small engine oil (10w-30) & waterproof grease, and all the 2-stroke equipment gets Amsoil Sabre. Take care of them, they'll take care of you. My Echo weedwhacker will be 16 years old this summer - still 130 psi compression ice cold. :thumbs: 

• Like 2