What did you do with your truck/shop today

SarahsGMC

How many miles did you get out of the tranny before it let go?

I have a sneaking suspicion this might be my next ordeal .... :nonod:

How many miles did you get out of the tranny before it let go?

I have a sneaking suspicion this might be my next ordeal .... :nonod:

This is technically the second time it let go.

About a year ago Justin picked up on some slippage and we started detuning to make it live. It didn't and I had the 4L70 rebuilt.

About two months ago it didn't give me a warning. I was pulling my trailer unloaded and 1-2 shift went Booooom. Felt like I had been rearended.

This time, I fixed it the right way. jakes Performance 4L80e. This should handle anything I'm throwing at it.

• Like 2

That's the very thing that's kept me from doing any mods to this thing, aside from a plug-in tuner, cat back, and cold-air intake. If I lose a tranny, this thing will be down a year before I scrape up the funds and time to do it.

As it is, at 86,5xx, I'm starting to notice a sluggish initial 1-2 shift with occasional slippage. Only a matter of time I guess. :shakehead:

This is technically the second time it let go.

About a year ago Justin picked up on some slippage and we started detuning to make it live. It didn't and I had the 4L70 rebuilt.

About two months ago it didn't give me a warning. I was pulling my trailer unloaded and 1-2 shift went Booooom. Felt like I had been rearended.

This time, I fixed it the right way. jakes Performance 4L80e. This should handle anything I'm throwing at it.

Any increase in trans temp before the big boom?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Any increase in trans temp before the big boom?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The first time, yes. Two months ago, no. It seemed perfectly fine. No soft shifts. No apparent slipping. Just a boom. I suspect a sprag, but I didn't tear into it to find out. I was just done with the 70. Jakes had a good enough deal on the 80 that it wasn't worth the little saving to rebuild the 70 and still not have any where near the trans of the 80.

• Like 1

That's the very thing that's kept me from doing any mods to this thing, aside from a plug-in tuner, cat back, and cold-air intake. If I lose a tranny, this thing will be down a year before I scrape up the funds and time to do it.

As it is, at 86,5xx, I'm starting to notice a sluggish initial 1-2 shift with occasional slippage. Only a matter of time I guess. :shakehead:

The 09 I had started slipping from the 1-2 shift around 30k miles. Dealer looked at it, claimed they fixed it, but it still slipped just not as bad. After that it went down the road.

The 09 I had started slipping from the 1-2 shift around 30k miles. Dealer looked at it, claimed they fixed it, but it still slipped just not as bad. After that it went down the road.

GM should sell us trucks minus the driveline, like the over-the-road truckers do. We'd certainly get alot more life out of them, and alot less headaches!

Called around some more about a new rear window. Cheapest I found was Safelite. $216.13 total. I don't have to do anything or go anywhere plus the window is already tinted privacy tint so I don't even have to get it tinted. I took that deal.

• Like 1