Pictures of your Crew Cab with in channel rain guards

I can get pictures of my Weathertech's if you can tell me more about what you are looking for? I have not seen any with a metal bracket. :jester:

I just have never had a set of in channel. What are your thoughts on them? Do they cause window issues? What's the best brand? When looking at the EGRs online it looked like the back window on some models has a little black bracket that also goes into the channel? I wouldn't want something Ike that.

The only issues I have seen with mine are they have scratched up the top of the window tint slightly. No big deal as my windows are usually all the way up or all the way down

DSC04280.JPG

DSC04280.JPG

DSC04280.JPG

DSC04280.JPG

The only issues I have seen with mine are they have scratched up the top of the window tint slightly. No big deal as my windows are usually all the way up or all the way down
Thanks, what brand? Did they scratch the back factory tint? That might bother me.

Thanks, what brand? Did they scratch the back factory tint? That might both me.

No just the drivers and pass side front door windows (aftermarket tint)

AVS

I've got the Weathertechs on my truck. I can't get a pic until tomorrow, but as mentioned, the only issue I have is the slight scratching of the tint at the very top of the glass. There is also a "slight" increase in wind noise, but not really bothersome. The weathertechs have a small metal bracket that helps hold the back window visors in place should the tape fail to stick or wear out. The bracket isn't really noticeable though against the black window trim. The bracket really came in handy one day...my daughter rolled the back window down and the visor tried to fall out, due to the tape failing. I pulled both back visors out and used some new, heavier-duty double stick tape and haven't had a problem since.

I got my dad a set of the AVS visors for Christmas for his '11 3500HD and I actually like them better than the Weathertechs.

So now I'm reading online about in channel vent visors scratching the tops of the windows. And hearing them scrape on the plastic every time they go up. Have you guys had these issues?

I just got my EGRs but not sure I'm going to install them. I may return them for AVS. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've used 4 sets of Weathertech inchannel type and never had any issues. No crew cabs though. I can't stand the look of the stick on type and would not use them on any vehicle - just my personal preference, I know a lot of people use them and are happy with them.

I have EGR on my CC and they have a scrapping sound going up or down but go away after cleaning my truck its just dirt is all. My only complaint with mine on my drivers side everytime I roll my window down the damn thing seems to follow my window and I have to stick it back up in the right position. Thats my only complaint. On the rears there was no metal brackets and they had a little 2 sides tape to help adher to the inside of the window trim so they dont fall out. The front is held in by tension but the rears need a little assistance. Hope this helps.

Archived