Magnaflow vs glasspack

Sounds good grape! Jeez idk what to do, there's too many choices! Flowmaster makes like 15 diff kinds, magnaflow makes like 25. How the heck are you supposed to know what to get?! Thinking bought just puttin the stocker back on and sayin the heck with it.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds good grape! Jeez idk what to do, there's too many choices! Flowmaster makes like 15 diff kinds, magnaflow makes like 25. How the heck are you supposed to know what to get?! Thinking bought just puttin the stocker back on and sayin the heck with it.

True dual with no muffler and you save like 150 bucks on not paying for a muffler!!!! Assuming that is your gonna true dual it

No. Magnaflow mufflers are designed with lap jointed stainless. But the muffler uses a fiberglass packing inside the baffling, which will eventually get louder and burnt out.

Thanks for the info, after checking the website I see where I got a little confused, looks like they wrap a stainless mesh around the perforated tube.

Should last long enough that you get bored with it and change to something else.

Seriosly though, I would expect to get close to 100K on it before it actually rots out. Im sure some of the internals will begin to decay before then, but it will only make the truck louder. Most of the internals are stainless so it will last quiet a while. I had one on a 96 that I drove in HS and college, it lasted 10 years until the next owner cut it off and replaced it with a factory replacement. It was still good and solid when he cut it off.

That's not bad, I've got about 110k on this one now. It's rusty but still in decent condition. I've been lookin at YouTube vids but, quite frankly, I'm unimpressed with what I've heard. Idk if it's the trucks, or the ppl that don't know how to film, or just the sound quality of the device but I haven't heard anything that really made me say ooooo I want that! Ya know? Maybe I'm just unnecessarily picky on this sorta thing. My wife would probly agree with that lol

I agree with you there. Its something that a recording doesnt do justice. Most times its the recording device that cant capture all of the melodies that a goodmuffler can produce. Its something you have to hear in person.

Ok so I'm leaning towards the si/do magnaflow in the 14 inch flavor. Any idea as to what life expectancy these mufflers have? I know they'll eventually burn out I'm just wondering how long it'll take.

Thats what Im running, 2 1/2 in, dual 2 1/2 out

True dual with no muffler and you save like 150 bucks on not paying for a muffler!!!! Assuming that is your gonna true dual it

What size pipes you got?

What size pipes you got?

i wanna say 2.25 ?

just to add my opinion, if all you want to do is make as much noise as possible and not give a flying **** how it sounds, glasspacks are for you. if you want it to have a good tone with a deep rumble that turns heads, get something like magnaflow, flowmaster, ect. flowmaster and magnaflow are my mufflers of choice.

Archived