Trading 08 Tahoe for 06 Silverado--Good deal?

Well me and the wife are looking at getting her a new 2012 Equinox and to do so I will be trading in both the Tahoe and the Malibu in for the Equinox and an 06 Silverado crewcab. Just wondering if this is a good buy and any thing I should look out for.

Well the truck is an 06 Silverado Crewcab 4x4 with all the options leather, heated seats, steering wheel controls, Bose system, rear sliding window, etc. It is Dark blue with no mods done to it other than a bed cover. Only problem I see is the rear end has a gear ratio of 3.42. Is this ok for towing and 33" tires? The milage is ok at 70K miles and they are asking $18K for it which I wouldn't pay.

Any thing I should look for or anything bad about the 3.42 gears?

here is the link to truck

http://heiser.com/Milwaukee/For-Sale/Used/Chevrolet/Silverado-1500/2006-LT-Blue-Truck/8724420/

Also if someone can run a build sheet for me if they can please.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vehicle Information VIN: 2GCEK13Z861341756 Model: CK15543-2006 SILVERADO LT3 1500 4WD CREW CAB Service Contract: No Branded Title: No Warranty Block: No PDI Status: No Order Type: 51 - FLEET LEASE Field Actions: 0 Open

Vehicle Build Model: CK15543-2006 SILVERADO LT3 1500 4WD CREW CAB Order Number: JZFD9F Build Date: 04/25/2006 Build Plant: 1

Option Codes

*IVH is not the definitive source of GM Vehicle RPO information and is intended for service reference only. Should there be any questions about the vehicle's original build or RPO information please refer to the original vehicle invoice or window sticker. 1SZ - PREFERRED EQUIPMENT SAVINGS 25U - DARK BLUE METALLIC 3LT - LT3 DECOR INCLUDES: * 10 WAY POWER HEATED BUCKET SEATS WITH DRIVER MEMORY * LEATHER APPOINTED SEATING SURFACES * OSRV MIRRORS W/DRIVER SIDE AUTO DIMMING, PWR FOLD & ADJ. HEAT, TILT & TURN SIGNAL * AUTOMATIC A/C * TINTED GLASS * FRONT FOG LAMPS * REDUNDANT RADIO CONTROLS * POWER LOCKS & WINDOWS * REMOTE KEYLESS ENTRY WITH CONTENT THEFT ALARM * ISRV MIRROR W/COMPASS & TEMP * LEATHER WRAPPED STEERING WHL * GRILLE-CHROME STYLED SURROUND * AUTOTRAC ACTIVE TRANSFER CASE * SUSPENSION - HANDLING/ TRAILERING 692 - DARK CHARCOAL 69I - DK PEWTER INTERIOR TRIM 6YT - COMPONENT FRT LH COMPUTER SEL 7YT - FRONT SPRING A28 - SLIDING REAR WINDOW REPLACES ELECTRIC REAR WINDOW DEFOGGER A31 - POWER WINDOWS AG1 - SIX-WAY POWER DRIVER SEAT AG2 - 10-WAY POWER PASSENGER SEAT AJ1 - TINTED GLASS AL0 - SENSOR INDICATOR INFLATABLE RESTRAINT FRT PASS AM7 - FOLDING REAR SEAT AN3 - FULL FEATURE BUCKET SEATS AU0 - KEYLESS REMOTE DOOR LOCK AU3 - POWER DOOR LOCK SYSTEM B30 - CARPETING, COLOR-KEYED B32 - FRONT COLOR-KEYED FLOOR MATS B33 - REAR COLOR KEYED FLOOR MATS B85 - BODY SIDE MOLDING BVS - BLACK TUBULAR ASSIST STEPS ***DEALER INSTALLED*** BZ6 - GM PRODUCTION WEEK #15 C5W - GVW RATING - 7000 LBS CAP - COMPETITIVE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM CF5 - ELECTRIC SLIDING SUNROOF AND UNIVERSAL TRANSMITTER CJ2 - AIR COND., DUAL ZONE AUTOMATIC D07 - CUSTOM FRONT FLOOR CONSOLE DF5 - ISRV MIRROR W/COMPASS & TEMP DK8 - DELUXE OVERHEAD CONSOLE DL3 - OSRV MIRROR W/DRIVER SIDE AUTO DIMMING, PWR FOLD & ADJ, HEAT, TURN SIGNAL (REPLACES STD/PKG MIRROR) DNR - DEALER INSTALLED EQUIPMENT DT4 - ASHTRAY MUFFIN E2C - ORDER TO DELIVERY - EXPEDITE E63 - FLEETSIDE BODY EN6 - FOLDING HARD TONNEAU COVER *** DEALER INSTALLED *** EVA - EVAP EMISSION REQUIREMENT FE9 - 50-STATE EMISSIONS FF6 - TORSION BAR SPRING ADJ. - LH FF7 - TORSION BAR SPRING ADJ. - RH FLT - FLEET PROCESSING OPTION G80 - LOCKING REAR DIFFERENTIAL GU6 - REAR AXLE 3.42 RATIO HQH - FLT-ROAD SPRINKLERS FITTERS JF3 - BRAKE VAC POWER JJG - FRT END SUBASSEMBLY K34 - CRUISE CONTROL K47 - HIGH CAPACITY AIR CLEANER KG3 - 145 AMP ALTERNATOR KNP - HD AUX TRANS. COOLING SYS KUP - THROTTLE CONTROL ELECTRONIC L59 - VORTEC 5300 V8 FLEX FUEL ENGINE M30 - 4-SPD AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION NP5 - LEATHER WRAPPED STEERING WHEEL NP8 - AUTOTRAC ACTIVE TRANSFER CASE NT8 - EMISSION SYSTEM FEDERAL, TIER OSG - OSHAWA ASSEMBLY P25 - 17" ALUMINUM WHEELS PDU - LIGHT DUTY POWER PACKAGE: *VORTEC 5.3L 295HP IRON BLK V8 *LOCKING DIFFERENTIAL-REAR AXLE *HD TRAILERING EQUIPMENT QJP - P265/70R17 OOR BW TIRES R5C - TIRE BRAND ALL BRIDGESTONE R6F - IDENTIFY B CODE USERS R6P - PREMIUM PAINT R6S - L59 SUBSTITUTION R6U - GE ORDER IDENTIFIER R8K - ******************************* R9N - LEATHER APPOINTED SEATING R9Z - POMS EXPEDITE-SOLD ORDERS SAF - SPARE TIRE LOCK SSB - IDENTIFICATION MODEL T96 - FRONT FOG LAMPS TFD - RETAIL AMENITY DELETE TR3 - CHROME GRILLE TSM - PROCESSING CODE - SUSPENSION UC6 - AM/FM STEREO W/6-DISC CD CHANGER & BOSE SPEAKER SYSTEM UG1 - HOMELINK UK3 - REDUNDANT RADIO CONTROLS UK6 - REAR SEAT AUDIO CONTROLS UQ7 - BOSE SPEAKER SYSTEM V73 - STATEMENT OF VEHICLE CERT.-U.S. /CANADA VB3 - CHROME REAR BUMPER VG3 - CHROME FRONT BUMPER VQ1 - FLEET ORDERING AND ASSISTANCE VR4 - WEIGHT DISTRIB. PLATFORM HITCH VXS - COMPLETE VEHICLE LABEL X88 - CHEVROLET CONVERSION XJP - P265/70R17-113S BW YD3 - BASE EQUIP FOR SCH GVW PL-FT AX YD5 - BASE FRONT SPRING YD6 - BASE REAR SPRING YE9 - SILVERADO YJP - P265/70R17-113S BW TIRES Z82 - HD TRAILERING EQUIPMENT Z85 - HEAVY DUTY SUSPENSION ZJP - SPARE TIRE P265/70R17 ZY1 - SOLID PAINT

thanks for doing that.

Also why do you say get the 3.0 v6? My 09 Malibu has the 2.4 and 6speed and drove the Equinox with the same set up and drove the same and we liked it. We know it is under power but my wife does alot of highway driving and wants the best gas milage she can get and that is why we looked at this set up.

That's not too bad of a price for that truck IMO. Around here it's hard to find 4wds in good shape with under 100k, most have been beat to piss, 2wd and 4. No one sells the nice ones.

Very happy with my 2006, has been a great truck, it's fun to drive, has very comfortable seats, and as a plus everyone I know loves riding in it. Lots of goodies the 1990 didn't have. :lol:

thanks for doing that.

Also why do you say get the 3.0 v6? My 09 Malibu has the 2.4 and 6speed and drove the Equinox with the same set up and drove the same and we liked it. We know it is under power but my wife does alot of highway driving and wants the best gas milage she can get and that is why we looked at this set up.

You answered your own question :D Its waaaaay underpowered :( I don't know what the area is like where your at,but around here we have hilly and mountainous terrain.

The 4-cyl AWD models are rated at 20/29,the V6-AWD models are 16/23.......most of the 4-cylinder AWD Equinox's we sell here the customers have come back with two issues........low fuel mileage,and lack of power! a lot of them are complaining that they are only getting high teens/low 20's for mileage,while the customers with V6's are getting about the same!

The reason is simple.....the 4-cyl. customers are working the little 4-cyl. hard,and are "in the throttle" a lot more in order to keep the vehicle up to the speed they want to drive at,where as the V6 does not have to work anywhere near as hard to keep the speed up.

I can also tell you that we've had quite a few customers buy a 4-cyl. thinking "it was enough" during the test-drive,only to come back a few months later wanting to trade-up to the V6,our general manager has cut way back on ordering 4-cyl. models and is ordering mostly V6's now.

Make sure you do a fairly long test-drive to make sure you make the right decision :thumbs:

I will third the V6 option. After owning a couple of 4 bangers in my days I will never own one again. Even when driving on flat level ground I was completely disappointed by the vehicles.

Now as to the Silverado, I couldn't be MORE happy with my truck, pretty much the same set I have (including engine) but I don't have leather and do have Z71 version. As for the gearing, it will depend on what you are looking to tow. The 3.42s have been good for me as I don't haul real heavy but it is good for 1500 (in my opinion). I did note the bed on that truck has been well used and with the climate you will be seeing I'd take a close look at that undercarriage to make sure everything looks to be in decent shape. Take it for a drive and drive it like you already own it. Put it through it's paces to ensure its going to perform to your liking.

I'll also add......I believe GM is going to lose a lot of sales of the new 2013 Malibu because a V6 is not offered,my Father was going to trade in his '09 Malibu that has the 3.6-V6 for a new one,he told me "I want to drive a V6 when you guys get one in",I told him a V6 is not going to be available,he said.."well they lost a sale"

Seriously...the Malibu went from V8 to V6 to 4 banger only???

I know years back there was a lot of talk about eliminating all V8s, glad that didn't happen but to get rid of the V6 as even an option, that's just nuts.

I know years back there was a lot of talk about eliminating all V8s, glad that didn't happen but to get rid of the V6 as even an option, that's just nuts.

None of the newer Malibu's ('97-up) ever offered a V8,you might be thinking of the '06-'09 Impala SS's that had the 303-hp LS4 V8 (my cousin has an '08 Impala SS....that thing WILL haul the mail!!! :thumbs: )

But as far as the new 2013 Malibu's....no V6 will be offered,right now the standard engine is a 182hp ECOTEC 2.4L Direct Injection 4-cylinder,later on in the year both a 2.5 4-cyl,and a 2.0 turbo 4-cyl.will be available.

None of the newer Malibu's ('97-up) ever offered a V8,you might be thinking of the '06-'09 Impala SS's that had the 303-hp LS4 V8 (my cousin has an '08 Impala SS....that thing WILL haul the mail!!! :thumbs: )

But as far as the new 2013 Malibu's....no V6 will be offered,right now the standard engine is a 182hp ECOTEC 2.4L Direct Injection 4-cylinder,later on in the year both a 2.5 4-cyl,and a 2.0 turbo 4-cyl.will be available.

Way back in the day back before I was born the chevelle had a Malibu trim or vise versa. There's where the v8 came in

Sent from my DROID X2 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

I think you should take a 4cyl and a V6 for a long test drive .... best overnight. The dealers around me are giving them out overnight now to help sales . We just purchased a 2012 2 LT Equinox with the V6 on May 5 th and Love it . We test drove several 4 cyl Equinox and GMC Terrains but like Rich has said you have to give it a lot more to get it going so its not really helping gas mileage if you watch the tach it shows , the 4 cyl screams compared to the V6 . Ours right now has about 1000 km on it and has averaged 24 city / hwy on the dic , the tach reads really low on the hwy .

I really wanted the 4 cyl for mileage but after driving them I was really disappointed with how it drove and sounded in relation to the V6

DSC_0243Custom.jpg

Well I am still waiting for them to get the truck transfered to there dealership. My wife and I did talk it over again and we are still sticking to the 4cy 2.4L and just the fwd. My wife drives alot of freeway and is not a lead foot driver so the 4cyl is ok. We did take it for a longer test drive with a combination of city driving, curvy back roads and some freeway driving and it did great and liked how it rode.

Yes they do, and so does this...

HPIM0158.jpg

Archived