Truck stalled while reversing, possible fuel pump?

05 Sierra 5.3. Pulled the trailer fine today while coming back from camping. Parked it in the garage, went out 2 hours later, fired up fine....but as soon as I started backing a few feet it stalled out. Would turn over but woudnt fire up after that. Managed to push it back in the garage and threw it on a scanner, no codes or CEL's.

Turned it over a few more times, cycled thru the gears trying to start it in neutral...nothing.

Then all of a sudden it fired up after about 20 minutes, ideled fine. Drove it around the block and parked it again. Thought maybe some freak episode, as everything seemed fine. Went to leave the house again and it fired up then stalled while in park. Now again it wont fire up.

Any thoughts or ideas? Truck only has 110000km.

Are these symptoms of a shot fuel pump?

what will beating on the tank do?

Dont have a fp guage, so gotta get it towed hopefully in the morning. Wish I could list some symptoms like loss of power but I was pulling the trailer and it seemed fine.

what will beating on the tank do?

Dont have a fp guage, so gotta get it towed hopefully in the morning. Wish I could list some symptoms like loss of power but I was pulling the trailer and it seemed fine.

Sometimes it will cause the pump to start running again

Listen to these guys when they tell you to pressure gauge it. BTDT. Really sucked. But trying to second guess the experts is a futile move. You're better off beating your head against a brick wall.

Or even better yet, listen to them. They know their stuff.

Archived