Official AR Discussion and Photo Thread

Thanks for the pix. Definately sticks out WAYYYY to far for a duty rifle. May pick a few up for other AR's though. BCM makes great products, that CH should last forever.

Your Welcome. They do have replacement latches for the regular one.. or maybe a mod 5.. if you dont like how far it sticks out theres always a grinding wheel and flat black paint. Personally, when I was enlisted I never had an issue with the standard charging handle with full gear and everything, I just chose this one for ease and personalization.

Edited by FargoZ71

Bushmaster did a CF AR. I read on some forums about it. People didn't like the idea of a CF barrel. Mainly because of reliability. An owner of one chimed in. He liked it and said it was really light. Why is it labeled CA-15? Is it a Cali legal AR?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

I don't have one to compare to stock, but I seriously doubt that the Phase5 would catch more than a large BCM. The teeth might be more aggressive, but it looks like it doesn't stick out as far. I'll pick one up for my new CAV15 build in a couple weeks and put some comparison pics up next to the BCM.

I don't have one to compare to stock, but I seriously doubt that the Phase5 would catch more than a large BCM. The teeth might be more aggressive, but it looks like it doesn't stick out as far. I'll pick one up for my new CAV15 build in a couple weeks and put some comparison pics up next to the BCM.

Yea, not as far, I was really surprised how far it stuck out of the rifle, surprisingly though, no more then the forward assist on the other side, obviously different geometry so it doesnt catch but it was interesting.