Volt guage installation

15 is a little higher than the "normal" ~14 volts you'd expect. These newer charging system only charge on demand so if it is staying at 15 volts all the time, first get the charging system tested, also get your battery load tested (local auto parts store should be able to do both.) Then, if bad, do you have warranty left? If yes then take back to dealer and have them graciously fix/repair your vehicle. If not, then you decide if you can tackle repairs or find a reputable shop to fix you up (dealer or otherwise).

Got my truck back from the dealer with $ 85.00 less in the checking account. I do have the extended warranty which evedently does not cover the tests they ran it through. They first told me that my volt gauge read a little high and that my battery although still good was not putting out the optimum volts. The said that the 15 volt reading that I was getting on my volt gauge was within specs that everything looked good. Maybe the fact that I run after market speakers and a power amp. might have something to do with it. In any event, thanks for your concerns and replies.

Got my truck back from the dealer with $ 85.00 less in the checking account. I do have the extended warranty which evedently does not cover the tests they ran it through. They first told me that my volt gauge read a little high and that my battery although still good was not putting out the optimum volts. The said that the 15 volt reading that I was getting on my volt gauge was within specs that everything looked good. Maybe the fact that I run after market speakers and a power amp. might have something to do with it. In any event, thanks for your concerns and replies.

Thank you for the update. If you have any questions or concerns in the future, feel free to contact me.

Louis (assisting Tricia)

GM Customer Service

Archived