07 Denali 1500

I am new to this towing thing and I just purchased a boat. I get to pick up the boat next week and want to make sure my truck can haul it. My truck is an 07 GMC 1500 Denali AWD, I believe it has the 6.2 in it. I looked at the tow package and it is the tube style and has a sticker saying its rated for 5,000. I just purchased a "stinger" I believe its called that is rated for 6,000. Now the question comes, can my truck tow this http://wakeboardingm.../tige-rzr-2012/

It says the boats dry weight is 3,489.

Should I purchase a bigger tow package?

Should I purchase one of those weight management tow hitch things? (Unsure on what exactly they're called)

Or just go get a bigger GMC truck. . . (The wife doesn't like that idea, but I support it) :)

Thank you for your help guys and gals!

BTW, My name is Ciano and this is my first GMC truck (owned a Toyota Tacoma before this) I couldn't be happier owning this truck!

THANK YOU!! Cheers!

I am new to this towing thing and I just purchased a boat. I get to pick up the boat next week and want to make sure my truck can haul it. My truck is an 07 GMC 1500 Denali AWD, I believe it has the 6.2 in it. I looked at the tow package and it is the tube style and has a sticker saying its rated for 5,000. I just purchased a "stinger" I believe its called that is rated for 6,000. Now the question comes, can my truck tow this http://wakeboardingm.../tige-rzr-2012/

It says the boats dry weight is 3,489.

Should I purchase a bigger tow package?

Should I purchase one of those weight management tow hitch things? (Unsure on what exactly they're called)

Or just go get a bigger GMC truck. . . (The wife doesn't like that idea, but I support it) :)

Thank you for your help guys and gals!

BTW, My name is Ciano and this is my first GMC truck (owned a Toyota Tacoma before this) I couldn't be happier owning this truck!

THANK YOU!! Cheers!

Congratulations on the new boat!

If you would like, PM the last 8-digits of your VIN, and I can reply with the weight specifics. This information is also available in your owner's manual if you have it available.

I look forward to your reply.

Louis (assisting Tricia)

GM Customer Service

I had a buddy that pulled a similiar boat to that with a similar truck and it pulled it with no problems. I even had a friend that pulled a similiar boat with an '07 Cherokee. It pulled it decent but not as well as a truck.

If the rear sags more than you want with the boat hooked up, you could always look at getting a set of Firestone airbags to level it back up. If you are pulling the boat for long distances, they might make the long ride a little more enjoyable especially if you are pulling it on the interstate. Most likely you won't need them but it's always a thought. Plus it's a new toy to get for the truck. :)

The truck has done awesome. I was so surprised with the way it tows with no problems at all. VERY HAPPY! Here is a quick pic I took. Thank you all for your help, I greatly appreciate it!

Cheers,

Ciano

img1635o.jpg

Archived