How long should brakes last??

I have a 06 2500HD that had the original breaks on it at 225,000 miles. At that time I had them replaced. I told the shop I wanted the best parts money could buy, I did not want to save one dime on parts! The truck had a mix of highway and city driving in Pa. that is anything but flat. I drove it as a work truck and did a lot of hauling and pulled trailers, not all had breaks. I may be up in years but still know what the peddle on the right is for! I bought it from the company at 237,000 miles and now use it to pull my fifthwheel.

I have a 06 2500HD that had the original breaks on it at 225,000 miles. At that time I had them replaced. I told the shop I wanted the best parts money could buy, I did not want to save one dime on parts! The truck had a mix of highway and city driving in Pa. that is anything but flat. I drove it as a work truck and did a lot of hauling and pulled trailers, not all had breaks. I may be up in years but still know what the peddle on the right is for! I bought it from the company at 237,000 miles and now use it to pull my fifthwheel.

post-87701-0-91953000-1346243801_thumb.jpg

it all really depends on how you drive and what kind of brake pads you have. if you live in a very hilly environment your pads will wear a lot fast from normal driving whereas if you live in florida where its all flat, its a lot easier on brakes.

some people have their original pads last to 80 100k. typically old people.

pads for me would last around around 45k if that.

I must be ancient then cause I am at 98k and have still awhile to go on my original pads!!! :0)

it all really depends on how you drive and what kind of brake pads you have. if you live in a very hilly environment your pads will wear a lot fast from normal driving whereas if you live in florida where its all flat, its a lot easier on brakes.

some people have their original pads last to 80 100k. typically old people.

pads for me would last around around 45k if that.

I must be ancient then cause I am at 98k and have still awhile to go on my original pads!!! :0)

My original pads would have probably made it that far, but the original rotors were junk and warped out on me. I decided to just go ahead and replace everything front and back (rear brakes were at the limit anyway).

Archived