Sign in to follow this  
cml32063

Looking to Buy a 2013 Equinox..Opinions?

Hey Guys I am looking to buy a 2013 Equinox LTZ with the V-6...Any Opinions?..I don't like the traverses, Can't see sinking 50K into a Tahoe with the body style changing in the spring/summer. Thoughts?

We just got a 2012 Equinox with the V6 in May ... its great ! ours has the Navigation, 18" wheels , power lift gate , leather , collision avoidance

the 2013 do have a few more options standard than the 2012 had ,

I do wish our Naviagtion had the Mylink and the voice control that mine does not have , in 2012 you could only get Mylink witht he Color touch radio

I was originally thinking about the I4 but after driving a few of the Terrains and Equinox's the I4 they just didn't have it , with the V6 its a much more enjoyable drive with the motor not labouring trying to get up to speed or going up hills

"Since the launch of the present-generation Chevrolet Equinox crossover, the four-cylinder model has been pummeling the optional V-6 by a large margin. Fuel economy is the most obvious reason, as many as 85 percent of Equinox buyers go with the four banger, but another was that the aging 3.0-liter V-6 simply didn't do enough to justify its price premium and pump penalty. GM is hoping to change that with the 2013 Chevrolet Equinox, which will now be offered with the automaker's 3.6-liter V-6 in place of the weaker 3.0-liter mill."

LINK

Those that want or need more power or are towing something the V6 is the choice.

Fuel economy is one of my issues.

My 2012 Colorado 4x4 has the 4 cylinder. And it is as fast as I require. Both low speeds and interstate.

Gas prices will fluctuate but I think that the trend will be upwards over the long haul.

I think that more and more people will choose a 4 cylinder engine both new and used.

My wife and I just bought a 2013 Equinox 2lt about 2 months ago. We traded in our 09 malibu with the 2.4L I4 engine. She still wanted her gas milage she had with the malibu so we went with the 4 cylinder FWD model with the 2lt package with leather, power lift gate, sunroof etc. My wife drives it them most and she does alot of highway driving and so far is getting 29-30 mpg with the 70/30 mix of highway/city driving. We love it so far.

I own a 2012, only 6000 km on it so far so it hard to judge but we love it! It's the LT2 with GFX package pretty much all the bells and whistles except sunroof, leather and back up alarm. It has the touchscreen with NAV, back up camera. The wife loves it, ours has the 4 cylinder. It's unbelievable on fuel for an AWD SUV, handles great in the snow. I love the rear sliding seat, and how comfortable the rear seats actually are. Equinox is a great buy!!

Hey Guys I am looking to buy a 2013 Equinox LTZ with the V-6...Any Opinions?..I don't like the traverses, Can't see sinking 50K into a Tahoe with the body style changing in the spring/summer. Thoughts?

They are really nice rigs. I work at a Dodge dealership servicing trade-ins, and went through a 2012 Equinox the other day - one of the nicest vehicles I've driven. I'm 6'2" with pretty long legs, and this is one of only two or three rigs I've ever driven where I can run the seat back and actually feel comfortable, like it was made for me - very nice.

I think I'd like the cabin to be a little more understated (there's no need for chrome on a vehicle interior) but the leather is top-notch, and its as nicely finished as any new BMW, imho.