Coggin GMC refused warranty work on my truck. GM customer care please

I took my truck into the dealer for onstar reception issue and was told they cannot do warranty work on a Chevrolet. Has anyone else heard of this? This is something we all need to know if God forbid we have an issue away from home. GM customer service please chime in and let us know if this is standard.

I have taken two of my Chevy's to a GMC dealer here in town for warranty work. They told me they will take anything GM because they recieve pay for the work performed under warranty. That dealer is throwing away money if they only accept GMC's.

I haven't tried in years but I know when I worked for the dealership if we had a GM truck that needed warranty work Chevy only did Chevy trucks and GMC only GMC. This was in 04-07 though so things may be different now.

My dealer was a Pontiac dealer, I bought 2 new Chevrolets off of them in the last 15 years. They now have GMC and Chevrolet trucks. I have never had any issues getting warranty repairs done to any vehicle I have owned.

I just looked up that dealer online, and see that they happen to have quite a few used Chevrolets on the lot, ask them if you buy one of the used Chevs that is still under GM warranty, where do you take it for warranty work?

Archived