2014 sierra/silverado, Still going to be gmt-900??

Just curious if these 2014 trucks will still be listed as gmt-900 or are they going to a new model config..

From what pics were given it really just looks like a facelift,etc... I wonder what year will be the next major change like the '05 sierra to the '08 sierra say for example.. Those two are completely different top to bottom..

Its funny over the yrs when gm makes those major changes the switch back and forth from round to sqaure..

example.. 88-98 sierra 'sqaure' 00-07 sierra rounded features 07-12/13 sqaureish..

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is what I'm curious about myself. GM is due to replace the platform name, it seems like the 900s just debuted yesterday and it's already been 6 years. Time flies when you're having fun. Still have years of enjoyment out of the old 800.

I love my 05 sierra, when the new model came out i really didnt like them..But they have grown on me.. If the had a 2500 or 3500srw with a big block i might own one.. i just dont want a 6.0 and dont really need a d-max..

Can you imagine what the next sierra/silverado will look like when they make a major change. Or ground up new design..

Yea and time is going way to fast!!

I love my 05 sierra, when the new model came out i really didnt like them..But they have grown on me.. If the had a 2500 or 3500srw with a big block i might own one.. i just dont want a 6.0 and dont really need a d-max..

Can you imagine what the next sierra/silverado will look like when they make a major change. Or ground up new design..

Yea and time is going way to fast!!

I personally wouldn't mind checking out a 2500 with either the 6.0 or the Dmax. I don't want to replace the current truck so hopefully I will be able to add to my truck count vs replacing.

New trucks are all-new.

What does that mean ' new trucks are all new'??

99-02 sierra then 03-07.. the only change was the front bumper. Thats not 'all new'

from the spy photos it only seems like some front clip changes.. but i could be wrong

Thats why i asked are the new trucks new styling from the ground up or just front end upgrades.

New trucks are all-new.

What does that mean ' new trucks are all new'??

99-02 sierra then 03-07.. the only change was the front bumper. Thats not 'all new'

from the spy photos it only seems like some front clip changes.. but i could be wrong

Thats why i asked are the new trucks new styling from the ground up or just front end upgrades.

This is a totally new truck. The entire run of 99-07 was a GMT800 chassis so of course the 03+ wasn't all new but there were substancial changes under the skin to those trucks, mainly improved electrical design. The current truck is a GMT900 chassis and the new ones are being called K2, so it is also a new chassis.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know if the HD trucks are being updated as well? I would think the HD trucks will get new sheet metal and interiors but i am thinking that the duramax and allison will be the same since it was refershed in 2011.

thoughts?

Does anyone know if the HD trucks are being updated as well? I would think the HD trucks will get new sheet metal and interiors but i am thinking that the duramax and allison will be the same since it was refershed in 2011.

thoughts?

No mention of drivetrain updates, but see photos here. http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2012/09/spied-2014-gmc-sierra-1500-3500.html

Im a big block guy,.. But i would buy a 426HP 6.2 25/3500 truck.. Whats the torque??

the alum small blocks are great HP motors, but whats the TQ gonna be..I think thats very important to guys..And will make the decision in the choice of diesel or gas!

The talk on GMI is of a new alum. 426HP 6.2 for the HD's. The diesel I think has a new set of gov't regs for 2014 but I haven't read anything on it yet.

I bet it is going to be based of of this...

http://wot.motortrend.com/next-gen-lt1-62-liter-v8-for-2014-corvette-revealed-with-450-hp-new-tech-280365.html

Im a big block guy,.. But i would buy a 426HP 6.2 25/3500 truck.. Whats the torque??

the alum small blocks are great HP motors, but whats the TQ gonna be..I think thats very important to guys..And will make the decision in the choice of diesel or gas!

If HP is rumored to be 426 then torque will probably be 420 @ 4k rpm

Archived