2014 sierra/silverado, Still going to be gmt-900??

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The talk on GMI is of a new alum. 426HP 6.2 for the HD's. The diesel I think has a new set of gov't regs for 2014 but I haven't read anything on it yet.

I thought that new 6.2L was no less than 450hp? Or was that for the cars only. Not the trucks?

You thinking of the new LT1 that will be in the new C7 vettes

Ryan

The rumored torque is 428.

I am very serious when I say this Sierra3500, I have lots of experience driving big blocks and diesels for work and grew up with diesels, and thought my current truck would be a diesel. The 6.0 in my current truck was a huge surprise to me- will it ever tow like a diesel, no, and I still prefer the diesel for a work truck, but you have to put aside your preconceptions- these newest gas motors are simply night and day compared to even 5 years ago.

With that said, 66 more HP and 48 lb.ft. more torque is massive for a gas motor, and with the stout frame of the HD, will be incredably satisfying. And to those who can't get used to the revving, stay away, because these sweet sounding muscle car V8's are here to stay!

I hear ya.. I would love to get the new 6.2.. Im just kinda stuck having to get a diesel at this point, Im also gonna have my 8.1 truck/s but im leaning towards a 6.7 cummins mega cab..

1- for the cab..my kids are getting bigger and the dogs go along with us.. and theres really not much more space/legroom in the crew cab sierra,s then my ext cab, The mega cab is huge and has the space we need.

2- Im looking into a 36-40' toy hauler which i imagine will be in the area of 14,000-18,000 lbs, I know my 8.1 would do it..Its just the 2 mpg im going to get pulling it..

If gm would make a sierra andor silverado with a giant cab similar to the mega cab i would definitly choose it ove a dodge all day.

Again i really do want to try one of these new gm small blocks 6.2, DI 6.2. I just cant swing 3 trucks. Maybe a camaro though! ; )

Hemicat.. What do you think of the 2007 6.2? Say in a yukon denali,

I was thinking of selling are 03 z71 tahoe and picking her up something a little newer..

I figured the denali because it has the 6.2.. Id rather have the auto,4hi,4lo 4x4 set up VS the awd but im sure it works fine.

If the 6.2 is what everyone says it is..after an exhaust,intake,headers, and tune from blackbear,..It should be a nasty grocerie getter.

I researched the hell out of the 6.2. If you want a crew cab truck with the 6.2 you must get the denali in years 2007.5 and 2008. 2009 and up you can get it on any crew cab. If you want to get a tahoe with the 6.2, it was only available in 2009 for some reason. If you buy a GMC Yukon, it is available 2007.5 to current. Why the 6.2 is not available in the suburban or Yukon XL beats the hell out of me!

I test drove a 6.2 and loved it. I then test drove a diesel and loved that too.I started looking at low mile used trucks, the Diesel was only a few thousand more and I could get a standard size bed on a crew cab, plus the 2500's are built a lot stronger than the 1500's. I dont want to start a diesel vs gas war here, just sharing my experiences.

Now I am just waiting for some year end incentives on leftover 2012's....

The difference in cab space, at least on the 900's is considerable- I can sit behind myself comfortably in the crew cab at 6'2', and have 3 growing kid's, and have never been in a more comfortable family vehicle. I have no experience with the 6.2 in a Yukon, so I can't comment on that. But I'm sure they're sweet.

For that toyhauler, you pretty much need a diesel. For the longest time I thought I was going to get a cummins megacab 6 speed, but going from dealer to dealer test driving the cummins (which was awesome) I came to a place that only had a 2500 Hemi, so I drove it and OMG that thing was fun, so I started looking into these new gas trucks and I was hooked! If this was 2005 I'd be singing a different tune, but after a year of research and being warned about the new diesels, I think people should be aware there is a very good alternative. And with the GEN V 6.2 they're only going to get better.

I hear ya.. I would love to get the new 6.2.. Im just kinda stuck having to get a diesel at this point, Im also gonna have my 8.1 truck/s but im leaning towards a 6.7 cummins mega cab..

1- for the cab..my kids are getting bigger and the dogs go along with us.. and theres really not much more space/legroom in the crew cab sierra,s then my ext cab, The mega cab is huge and has the space we need.

2- Im looking into a 36-40' toy hauler which i imagine will be in the area of 14,000-18,000 lbs, I know my 8.1 would do it..Its just the 2 mpg im going to get pulling it..

If gm would make a sierra andor silverado with a giant cab similar to the mega cab i would definitly choose it ove a dodge all day.

Again i really do want to try one of these new gm small blocks 6.2, DI 6.2. I just cant swing 3 trucks. Maybe a camaro though! ; )

Hemicat.. What do you think of the 2007 6.2? Say in a yukon denali,

I was thinking of selling are 03 z71 tahoe and picking her up something a little newer..

I figured the denali because it has the 6.2.. Id rather have the auto,4hi,4lo 4x4 set up VS the awd but im sure it works fine.

If the 6.2 is what everyone says it is..after an exhaust,intake,headers, and tune from blackbear,..It should be a nasty grocerie getter.

Also it has a lot to do with Diesel pricing and availability in your region. Diesel's getting pretty easy to find here in the Bay Area thanks to the "clean" turbodiesel German cars showing up a lot more, but in some regions it's still a pain to find Diesel, or the price is much higher.

...and being warned about the new diesels,...

Just curious. What do you mean by that?

so long

j-ten-ner

Probably referring to the emissions with dpf filters, def along with the ecm programming & sensors.

Exactly what '01LS1 said, along with higher maintenance costs, upfront cost, the fear of enormous repair bills over the long term, the lower resale these newer versions will have over the years to come because nobody wants them out of warranty, the lower fuel economy compared to older diesels, the higher price of ultra low sulfer diesel nowadays, and I have to stop this because it sounds like bashing, but I'm not. I can get upset at the closed mindedness you'll find with some people over these things.

Gosh, I just wish this was 1998 again and I could go buy a brand new loud, smelly, manual trans. 5.9 Cummins and tune it with no muffler and get 25 MPG! :driving:

You can still make great hp & tq numbers, with the 6.7 cummins//Cant you?

And get 19-21 mpg..

Quick qeustion= the 2010 6,7 is around 350 hp and 650 ft lbs, the 2012 is the same 6.7 with 375 and 800 ft lbs, What did they change to pick up that much tq?

No argument on the cavernous back seats in the mega cab (or the Tundra CrewMax for that matter), but there is a big difference between the ext and cc GM trucks. It may not look like it, but it's deceptive. The seats are deeper, and the whole cab is just that much bigger. I have a 16, 12, and 8 yr old...and they fit comfortably. My last truck was an ext cab, and the change was huge for us. The Tundra is probably the best back seat for kids, since it slides/reclines... but they're more like a SUV w/ a bed than a truck, imho.

I had a 2007 LBZ that I sold with 160,000 miles & it was great. Never a problem & should have kept it forever.

From a price stand point, it is extremely tough to buy a diesel now. In addition to the premium price on the fuel, the EPA has pushed them out of the average buyers grasp financially. $60,000 give or take for a well equipped 3/4 or 1 ton variant. :nonod: While the motor/trans combos always commanded a premium, the addition of emission related items is insane.

Hemicat, it may not still be the 90's, but there's plenty of the old 5.9's around. Seems like everyone back home has one.

I agree with emissions ruining the diesels. However, I'd love to have a new Dmax out of warranty, that way I wouldn't think twice about cutting all the crap off of the tailpipe. :)

Archived