But what about the wheel bearings, settling front-ends, replacement dashboards, door hinges, ticking 5.3's and the ugly '03 grill design?

I know there were some nice ones, but come on- Dodge had it goin' on at the end of the '90's and early 2000's.

Not really a big deal though, I don't mean to be harsh.

But what about the wheel bearings, settling front-ends, replacement dashboards, door hinges, ticking 5.3's and the ugly '03 grill design?

I know there were some nice ones, but come on- Dodge had it goin' on at the end of the '90's and early 2000's.

I've had 1 wheel bearing go out, dash isn't to bad but its got some flaws, door hinges are a bit noisy but it don't bother me, the front end had settled to the point that I needed keys to get anywhere close to leveling, 4.8 with no ticking (knock on wood), and its to early to have that ugly front end lol. All in all yes its had its problems buts its been a great truck

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2

I'll always have a soft spot for RCSB chevs. Here's my 2002 RCSB step side I used to have. It had a v8 with stick shift!

post-65833-135267136875_thumb.jpg

And here was my 06 crew cab

post-65833-135267142432_thumb.jpg

Both trucks never left me stranded with almost 400k Kms driven combined...they were good vehicles. GMT-800's are very good vehicles. I still would love to find myself a low mileage 98'...

• Like 1

I'll always have a soft spot for RCSB chevs. Here's my 2002 RCSB step side I used to have. It had a v8 with stick shift!

And here was my 06 crew cab

Both trucks never left me stranded with almost 400k Kms driven combined...they were good vehicles. GMT-800's are very good vehicles. I still would love to find myself a low mileage 98'...

That red stepside is sweet!

And yeah, I absolutely LOVED the '98's and older.

only needed one wheel bearing in 210K miles on my 01. Stock trans and motor. Never really had any of those problems on my truck or my dads 2000 which also had 170K miles on jt

Sent from my smartass iPhone using Tapatalk

only needed one wheel bearing in 210K miles on my 01. Stock trans and motor. Never really had any of those problems on my truck or my dads 2000 which also had 170K miles on jt

Sent from my smartass iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, for sure you have a good one!

Did the axle seals. It wasn't that bad. All the bolts came out easy. I did it with no power tools. My 15mm ratchet wrench would have been nice when removing the top bolts from the axle tube. There are 3 pretty good videos on youtube. Watch those for sure. You do have to smack the mating plate at the end of the axle pretty hard to pop it free. Mine was harder on the drivers side but it finally popped.

Thanks Giving Weekend I will fix the knock sensors...

Hey Sarah, where are you from?

Silver Lake..

Silverlake.jpg

I haven't had much experience with the gmt900. I really like the design. I think the front looks mean. I don't care much for the interiors. I noticed at the auto show that the door skins looked pretty cheap and plastic with no fabric or carpet. I didn't care much for that.

How do I put that 6 speed trans from the newer trucks into mine!?

Helpful thread on knock sensor replacement.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=86039&st=0

Edited by Absinthminded

When I found my truck 6+ years ago I knew I had found THE truck I always wanted. Since then I haven't found one single vehicle I'd even remotely consider trading it in for. The 900s looks final grew on me but the options/set up just never matched what I have or how I like them. My current plan is now to keep this one and add the next truck vs replacing this truck to the inventory.

• Like 2