I had a GMT 900 for almost 3 years and went back to an 800. I was getting close to being out of the factory powertrain warranty and I already had oil pan gasket replaced, oil cooler lines were getting worse, and I'm sure if my tune didn't shut off AFM I'd have that issue too. I do miss my old truck though... I loved the body lines, the ext cab windows that roll down, and just the bigger overall feel of the truck.

post-71733-0-16059000-1352914955_thumb.jpg

post-71733-0-52316600-1352914965_thumb.jpg

Edited by dirtfan21

I had a GMT 900 for almost 3 years and went back to an 800. I was getting close to being out of the factory powertrain warranty and I already had oil pan gasket replaced, oil cooler lines were getting worse, and I'm sure if my tune didn't shut off AFM I'd have that issue too. I do miss my old truck though... I loved the body lines, the ext cab windows that roll down, and just the bigger overall feel of the truck.

thats a good looking truck

Let me know how your axle seals go. I need to do them on mine too but am scared because it seems like a hard procedure.

Same here. They aren't leaking much so I've been ignoring them for years. This is the rear axle I'm talking about.

Front or rear the axle seals aren't hard to do, rear is easy as pulling the diff cover, one 5/16 bolt in the diff, and one clip to slide the axle out and change the seal. Front is just as simple with a few more nuts and bolts.

I upgraded my '95 ecsb for the 2005 ccsb just because the other one was 10 years old. I never had so many issues on my '05 than I did with my '95. The only thing that went on the '95 was a wiper motor. On my '05 I had to fix/replace:

- intermediate shaft (3 times until warranty ran out, then I lived with it)

- front wheel hub

- front impact sensor (the service air bag light just lit yesterday so now it'll be two...)

- trailer wire harness at rear connector

Other than that I upgraded my truck with:

- factory clearance lights

- two sets of lights on the bumper and under the rear

- double din Kenwood radio/GPS

- Alpine 10" LCD rear DVD player (for the kids that never really used)

- jumped my relays so the low beams and high beams and fogs stay on in low or high conditions.

other than that - I'm happy with it - but getting the spending itch...:)

Stephen

Oh yeah, replaced all my gage cluster motors and battery. Still love my truck though since it's easy to service and I can see the ground when I look down in the engine compartment :)

I think he meant the 6L80. Right?

Umm ya, 6L80 thats what I meant. :cheers:

Guess that would be why I didn't find much info on the swap...I just wish I could get better MPGs. Doesn't look very viable or cost effective.

Slemmer, you have a great looking truck. Trade?

Edited by Absinthminded

Guess that would be why I didn't find much info on the swap...I just wish I could get better MPGs. Doesn't look very viable or cost effective.

if your looking for better MPG's, some simple things to do are replace plugs and 02 sensors, get HT tires and keep them properly inflated, and most importantly just dont drive it hard

swapping a different transmission will almost never be effective unless you got the trans for free and know how to put it in. Gas is much cheaper than getting the trans and paying someone to do it. Like the fella above me said, do some basic maintaince like plugs,wires, new air filter and you'll come out next better

Sent from my smartass iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2