HT tires on my truck...I think not...lol

I just couldn't bring myself to do that. Too many times of leaving the roadway and needing off road traction.

HT tires are are ugly too but they perform a lot better on road then AT tires and you get better MPG's with them

I noticed with HT tires over the old AT's I had that my mileage went up, hard to swing the ass end out on dry pavement, and a little more stability towing. The rear of the truck used to sway with AT's

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

HT tires on my truck...I think not...lol

I just couldn't bring myself to do that. Too many times of leaving the roadway and needing off road traction.

HT tires are are ugly too but they perform a lot better on road then AT tires and you get better MPG's with them

I hear ya' when I first bought my current tires they accidently put on the HT version. I didn't have time that day to get them swapped so garage let me keep them for the day. It happen to rainand they were awesome on the wet roads and very quiet. I just knew what I was going to be using the truck for so got them swapped for my ATs. Just wish I could get more miles out of them. 35k miles and they are about done.

• 9 months later...

I wanted to breath some new life into this old thread...

So What year gmt-800 do you have?

What motor/trans?

What have you had to fix?

What do you still need to fix?

How many miles do you got on the clock?

F#%k a car payment, I'm gonna drive it to the wheels fall off / I cant wait to dump this thing for something new.

i had GMT800's and i traded one in and am selling the other one.. it seemed like every other week i was putting money into it whether it was a water pump or resistor for the fan blower..then i noticed rust forming on the lower rockers so that was the final straw. I made sure to put way more then half down on a new truck so my payment is small.. couldnt be happier

Had a couple gmt 800's, went thru a few rear diffs, wheel bearings, fuel pump in the 02, couple coil packs. Other than that only the usual like brakes, shocks etc...they were both awesome trucks!!

I will say the 06 was a much better truck mechanically than the 02.

315,787 miles on mine as of right now. Only major work needed was a trans 2 years ago but as of the last few months its needing quite a bit. Needs A/C work and front end work at the moment for the main part. All in all its been a good truck

Sent from my SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2

I'll update with mine.

So What year gmt-800 do you have? 2006

What motor/trans? 5.3 Flex with 4L60E

What have you had to fix? Transfer case actuator, AC resistor thingy, wheel bearings. Routine stuff like brakes as well. It gets trans filter changed yearly.

What do you still need to fix? Nothing, runs perfect

How many miles do you got on the clock? 106000

So What year gmt-800 do you have? 2004

What motor/trans? LQ9 6.0 with 4L60E with Vette 2nd servo

What have you had to fix? Knock sensors, blower motor resistor, A/C blend door actuators, stepper motors.

What do you still need to fix? Nothing needs to be fixed

How many miles do you got on the clock? 127,000 on the truck, about 60,000 on the motor

So What year gmt-800 do you have? 2003, 2004, 2005

What motor/trans? LQ4/4L80E ( sorta)

What have you had to fix? Everything! ( wheel bearings, waterpumps, shocks, brakes, diffs in the 05, intermediate shaft, bearing in the column, front end rebuilds, brake pins and bushings repeatedly, transmission in the 03, HVAC relearns constantly, steering boxes, etc, etc)

What do you still need to fix? Whatever falls off next

How many miles do you got on the clock? 102000, 85000, 125000

I'm gonna drive it to the wheels fall off

Out of the run the 03 is the nicest truck compared to the later models. The newer they got, the cheaper they got....... 06 and 07 even lost all the carpet on the door panels, lol. It's not a money thing as to why I drive these old heaps....... I just like them. Hell I will probably get an 06 and 07 1500HD so I can complete my set, lol.

Edited by Notamember

So What year gmt-800 do you have? 2003

What motor/trans? 5.3L/ auto, cant remember?

What have you had to fix? Both front wheel hubs,front axle seals, heated seat element, O2 sensor, knock sensors and assosiated gaskets, water pump, int. steering shaft

What do you still need to fix? Ive got a code for an evap leak, and front left wheel speed sonsor. Some lights are out on my steering wheel controls. I think my door pins are ready, rust on the rockers and door seams. I cant drop the spare tire if I needed tom may need rear axle seal, Waiting for the fuel pump to go...

How many miles do you got on the clock? 169,000ish

Currently up for sale...paid for but I'd like to pay off some bills and get a beater with better mpgs.

So What year gmt-800 do you have? 2000

What motor/trans? 5.3 with the 4L60E

What have you had to fix? 3 water pumps total? 3 fuel pumps total? plus gaskets in between, front right hub bearing, front and rear rotors, drivers side window motor, 2 radiators (current one is 34 inches! it's a monster), 3 fan clutches (second time was not necessary), new coolant hoses, 2 or 3 thermostats, spare tire holder thing because my spare fell off driviing down the road! and probably some other minor things such as the fuel pressure regulator.

What do you still need to fix? majors are: a/c system, entire suspension is beat to hell, and probably all of the seals/gaskets on the engine, and the interior needs some things like the broken center console and the rear door handle. And not to forget the darn windshield wiper fluid lines that have corroded.

How many miles do you got on the clock? 211,xxx

I'm gonna drive it to the wheels fall off but we do have another car at the moment and i need to stop driving my truck daily asap. I can't stand it that she's my daily right now so it will have to change.

I simply love her beyond logical reasoning. My dad was about to trade her in a long time ago for a newer truck but I didn't agree and he decided to keep it. Everyone who knows me knows what she means to me and they even ask me about her as if she's a part of the family. Inside of the truck I have kept pictures of her and my wife for years and years...

At the moment I'm barely beginning my professional career after college with a family so I haven't had the funds for the truck just yet. But hopefully that will change soon.

I'm a proud member of the GMT800 family!

Edited by white1500