Do you think GM will make a similar cab to dodges megacab

Im very curious im there will be a sierra or silverado with a cab close to the size of the mega cab..If you guys havent seen one in person..It is pretty awesome!! Im sure the guys here with kids and dogs know what i mean, My girls are getting bigger and the dogs go camping with us also, so with two kids and two dogs 'one of them a 145lb mastiff ' In the back of an ext cab..It doesnt work well, The crew cabs arent really thatmuch bigger or anythingwort being excited about.. So im kinds stuck going with a mega cab cummins, IF..there was a mega cab sierra i would buy it over the dodge! Im sure theres alot of guys that ould agree,, The extra space is really nice.. How can we, GM consumers give input..so they hear us and will consider a new cab configuration.

If you need a truck to haul inside the cab they may be great, but if you need to put anything in the bed you are out of luck, I think the bed on the mega cab is 5' 6" or maybe 8". A friend of mine has one and everytime he needs to haul something he needs to get his brothers truck with the 8' bed. :jester:

Yeah, the extra room in the megacab is only behind the seats for storage and so they can recline. I didn't find it any more comfortable than mine to sit in.

And the truck itself looks ridiculously long- almost needs a lift just to sit right.

Yet still I like them!

I know I can sit in the back seat of my uncles Mega cab in a comfortable position. The seat design doesn't offer much comfort to me. But I have a bad back

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

I saw a mega cab with a 5th wheel attached to it.. I talked with the guy and he said he never had any issues.... His hitch also slid along the rails..

As far as the bed, Pretty sure its 6' 4 or 5", The total length of the truck is 5" longer then my ext cab long bed.. the wheel base is 1" different, There 160" im like 159"

I would love to have the mega cab with a long bed.. If the money was available at the time I WILL get the long bed conversion!!

I would love to have the mega cab with a long bed.. If the money was available at the time I WILL get the long bed conversion!!

Yeah I almost bought one myself, for sure a nice truck! And with the cummins its the lesser evil of the big 3 diesels- a bit less power and MPG's but no piss tank, still get a standard trans and still the best puller. From what I read over on DodgeTalk you can unplug the EGR and delete the DPF without a tune and really wake them up and improve mileage.

I measured beds between my uncle's Mega Cab and my 2004 "short bed" now the std bed. Mine is 1 inch longer. we had a pissing match. we both wanted to lose. I had the longer bed so I got the bed load

Archived