What motors are available in 2014 sierra & silverado

Im wondering what engines are available in these new trucks, Sorry if its already out there and missed it,

If im correct 07-13 was only a 6.0 or lbz/lmm d-max... Is it going to be the same way or is there a direct injection 6.0..OR are they putting 6.2 liters and the hd trucks now? And what duramax is going in..So mant different models i cant keep track ;)... 07-10 was lmm right..? then 2010-2013,s are lml ??

Did they make a revised model,..Or does the lml go in the 2014 models.

How nice would it be to go to the dealer and get a new sierra 3500 srw crew cab long bed with a 7.0. :drool:

2011 - 2013 LML.

2014 duramax is still speculation if its going to remain LML or if there is a new revision.

There is a revised 6.2 avail in half ton and HD trucks in 2014

8 speed non Allison transmissions have been rumored but not avail in 2014, avail in later models. I bet it will be like how the 4 speed was only option avail on 07.5 - 2008.5. 2009 finally had 6 speed avail on non Denali trucks.

• 2 weeks later...

I was unaware of the 3.6 having chain/guide issues. At least in the truck access should be better than in the cars, esp. the front drive ones.

Yup, a lot of mdsize SUV and the CTS are having the guides and chains replaced. My in-laws had a 2008 CTS with the parts changed. It sounds like a bunch of clattering under the hood.

As far as rumored...5.3 and 6.2 Gen V small blocks in the 1500 trucks. DI, VVT, AFM, all the goodies like the new LT1. HD trucks, still unknown. My guess is a 6.2, possibly iron block (boy I hope) maybe good for near 400hp 400+ torque. Duramax probably unchanged or slightly changed.

Sounds like we they are dropping the 4.3 and going with the 3.6. Can't wait to change the timing chains and guides like they are on all the traverse, acadia, CTS etc.

All new 4.3 seems to be the new word going aorund, possibly an OHV based on Gen V architecture just like the old 4.3 being based on the original 350.

The 3.6 would have to work real hard and spin real high to make its torque IMO.

There is a new 6.2 for the corvette. The 1500's will get a truck version of that. I have heard around the forums and websites that the HD's will finally get a 6.2 but it will be iron block. I haven't heard anything about the duramax but they just revised it in 2011. I bet the duramax will be largely unchanged with maybe a slight increase in HP and torque

wow so there using the 4.3 again.. Is it still going to be a 6 cyl?

Those hp numbers are great.. What is the afm exactly, is that were they use 4 cyl,s until pwr is needed then all 8?

Mervz- guys are wondering when you selecting the moderators??

4.3L with AFM making around 315hp

5.3L with AFM making over 350hp

6.2L with AFM making over 430hp

All are direct injected.

I was reading something the other night from the LA auto show that they were not going to offer a V6 option at all, leaving that for the global Colorado segment. The sentence was posted almost in passing so I did not save the page it was mentioned. Will keep looking for it.

wow so there using the 4.3 again.. Is it still going to be a 6 cyl?

Those hp numbers are great.. What is the afm exactly, is that were they use 4 cyl,s until pwr is needed then all 8?

Mervz- guys are wondering when you selecting the moderators??

Yes, less cylinders when needed. All three engines will fall back to a 4 cylinder mode.

Working on mods... Announcement later this week.

4.3L with AFM making around 315hp

5.3L with AFM making over 350hp

6.2L with AFM making over 430hp

All are direct injected.

I was reading something the other night from the LA auto show that they were not going to offer a V6 option at all, leaving that for the global Colorado segment. The sentence was posted almost in passing so I did not save the page it was mentioned. Will keep looking for it.

There will not be a turbo V6.. Maybe that is what they were talking about?

Archived