No 4x4 traction in 4 inches of snow??

bbill

By the way, coming home yesterday on the freeway, with a light rain, wet roads, traveling about 60 mph, I goosed it a little to change lanes. And the rear end broke loose from the pavement. The truck slide sideways a little bit until I let off the gas.

If you can break the rear loose this easy, then you need tires...end of story.

With good tires and sitting right about 450HP/800TQ in the last truck that had LSD, 6spd manual, and 4.10s; I had to work to break the tires loose on wet roads at any speed. However the junk BFG rugged trails it came with, I could haze them on dry pavement at 65mph in 6th, just getting into it.

Anybody else read this^^^^ LOL

Yeah ok, haze them at 65mph what BS.

Yup, with a modified diesel, its actually easy if the tires don't stick...I could catch all six gears if I ran it hard enough.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By the way, coming home yesterday on the freeway, with a light rain, wet roads, traveling about 60 mph, I goosed it a little to change lanes. And the rear end broke loose from the pavement. The truck slide sideways a little bit until I let off the gas.

With good tires and sitting right about 450HP/800TQ in the last truck that had LSD, 6spd manual, and 4.10s; I had to work to break the tires loose on wet roads at any speed. However the junk BFG rugged trails it came with, I could haze them on dry pavement at 65mph in 6th, just getting into it.

Yup, with a modified diesel, its actually easy if the tires don't stick...I could catch all six gears if I ran it hard enough.

Okay bud. You realize who your talking to right? I have twin turbo set up. I would eat ur truck alive. I'm hear to tell you. You aren't "hazing" your tires at 65 mph. I'm waiving the BS flag. Good bye.

Okay bud. You realize who your talking to right? I have twin turbo set up. I would eat ur truck alive. I'm hear to tell you. You aren't "hazing" your tires at 65 mph. I'm waiving the BS flag. Good bye.

I was thinking the same thing going over 100 km a hour and letting loose your tires is not going to happen in less you have bad traction.

Archived