Texting while driving

ninjaguy_fl

If i have to text or make a phone call I will pull over someplace safely on the road and if i think I am maybe in the way I will put my hazzards on . To me texting is bad . You have to read a text and your eyes are not on the road and accidents happen when sudden things happen and you wont see that happen if you have to read a text or make one.

Gps are on the window and can still see out of your window and the voice tells where to go so you dont even need to look at the screen .

Also with blue tooth and hands free settings to day there is no need to physical touch your phone . I am all for wearing seat belts . having loads secure and all the other road laws we have to follow. People are stupid and that is why there is these laws to protect us from the stupid ones .

Ummmm... I see people all the time typing addresses into their GPS while on the move. :dunno:

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got woke up around 5 am this morning at the fire station to pull a lady out of a car she parked on top of a memorial company's display. I bet she thought she was good at texting and driving to

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2

+1 on that. Been there done that. No offense, but everyone thinks they are ok, and its always the other guy the law is talking about. Laws are made for a reason. Would you feel comfortable following someone that is hammered drunk and driving? Thats illegal too, but that driver thinks hes a "good driver" . No different. I also agree about the makeup, dogs, etc. Any kind of distracted driving should be stopped.

The stuff people text is 99% of the time not worth sending period, let alone them risking my life on the road when they are doing it.

Amen

Texting while driving...Can you do it safely? I can...

You really made me laugh.

That's the biggest BS I've ever seen...what an ignorant idiot!

...and am getting upset by legislators telling me what i can do in my truck. Talking to kids in the back seat is the highest form of distracted driving and you've all seen what else goes on behind the wheel. Existing and proposed laws can not be enforced because EVERYONE has a cell phone that texts. Your thoughts?

As a driver of a car you're not supposed to be distracted at all the time. Period. No matter what the reason is.

GPS, cell phone, radio, entertainment system, kids, pregnant hamster, dog...it doesn't matter!!

I don't understand why it is so hard to get for so many people.

And it is a shame that the gov has to invent laws for stuff like that. But what you wanna do? People just don't use their brain anymore...

Maybe they will change their mind when they get hurt them self or a family member by a distracted driver.

so long

j-ten-ner

Car and Driver magazine did a test a while back testing drivers reaction times texting while driving and then they got drunk and did the same test. the reaction times were far worse while texting and those guys drive for a living. Im actually suprised this is even a debate.

Anyone that thinks texting while driving is safe is an idiot period!

It's not that your that good, your just very lucky you haven't wrecked yet.....

Shouldn't even be a debate about this, one of the dumbest things to do behind the wheel.

I think texting and driving should be a no, But then i find myself doing it.. Its just one of those things like drinking and driving..its illegal..lots of people do it.. And pay the consiquense..when the Fu... up.

I dont know what else to say.. Again i do think its wrong but contridict myself!

I wish my phone would disable txting while i am driving

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

It does. Its called the off button!

I think texting and driving should be a no, But then i find myself doing it.. Its just one of those things like drinking and driving..its illegal..lots of people do it.. And pay the consiquense..when the Fu... up.

I dont know what else to say.. Again i do think its wrong but contridict myself!

So true for 98% and some won't admit it. Sadly there are people who do it in ways that cause accidents, hence the laws we have in my province.

Sent from my Nokia 5190 using Tapatalk 2

Anyone that thinks texting while driving is safe is an idiot period!

It's not that your that good, your just very lucky you haven't wrecked yet.....

Shouldn't even be a debate about this, one of the dumbest things to do behind the wheel.

I agree its like drunk drivers! Most people need a wreck to figure it out

Sent from my Nokia 5190 using Tapatalk 2

Archived