Texting while driving

ninjaguy_fl

There is an Android app that allows you to disable texting over 5 mph, iirc. It's intended for parents, but anyone could use it to "ensure" themselves against acting dumb.

lol...people really need this?

Not able to just let it be or shut it off?

Every sane driver would try everything to avoid an accident.

Slamming the brakes, swerving around an obstacle, honking the horn like crazy and so on.

Car buyers looking for safety ratings for the cars. How many airbags are in the car? What is the stopping distance?

Drivers turn on the light at night, set the blinker before turning or passing.

Most do a lot to be safe.

And then they texting mommy: "I'll be home soon...".

Or not.

How stupid.

so long

j-ten-ner

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is an Android app that allows you to disable texting over 5 mph, iirc. It's intended for parents, but anyone could use it to "ensure" themselves against acting dumb.

lol...people really need this?

Not able to just let it be or shut it off?

Every sane driver would try everything to avoid an accident.

Slamming the brakes, swerving around an obstacle, honking the horn like crazy and so on.

Car buyers looking for safety ratings for the cars. How many airbags are in the car? What is the stopping distance?

Drivers turn on the light at night, set the blinker before turning or passing.

Most do a lot to be safe.

And then they texting mommy: "I'll be home soon...".

Or not.

How stupid.

so long

j-ten-ner

In a world where people sue companies because they got burned by hot coffee they spilled and there wasn't a warning it was hot on the cup anything is possible.

Sent from my Nokia 5190 using Tapatalk 2

Textilng while driving is only the tip of the iceberg. Drivers "like" being distracted and car manufacturers are accommodating their wishes. Look at the infotainment systems that are being installed in the dashes of vehicles. Drivers have access to their e-mail, their stock quotes, and even facebook. The public wants those features in their vehicles and car manufacturers will add more and more. I agree that you should not drive and text at the same time, but let me make the decision on what to do. The ONLY solution is for everyone to have a Google car that drives itself.

Its funny Our minds know whats what, And we like to be opstinate...

" these cigarettes are killing us, but were gonna smoke anyway"

" If i get pulled over drinking right now im going to jail...Ill drink anyway"

We know its wrong,dangerous,illegal,etc... But we do it!

Anyone that thinks texting while driving is safe is an idiot period!

It's not that your that good, your just very lucky you haven't wrecked yet.....

Shouldn't even be a debate about this, one of the dumbest things to do behind the wheel.

I agree its like drunk drivers! Most people need a wreck to figure it out

most people who drink and drive just dont care and will drink and drive again . Hell in BC and Alberta its basicaly a zerow tolarance now. If cops sat out a bar more than 50% of people would be charge with really stiff penalities. For the average person I think it was one or two beers to be over the limit in BC and alberta.

People are convinced their cars can drive themselves, with the self adjusting cruise control, lane departure warning, and all that other BS. Get rid of it all, people should drive their cars, it's not that hard.

10-4 !!

Anyone that thinks texting while driving is safe is an idiot period!

It's not that your that good, your just very lucky you haven't wrecked yet.....

Shouldn't even be a debate about this, one of the dumbest things to do behind the wheel.

I agree its like drunk drivers! Most people need a wreck to figure it out

most people who drink and drive just dont care and will drink and drive again . Hell in BC and Alberta its basicaly a zerow tolarance now. If cops sat out a bar more than 50% of people would be charge with really stiff penalities. For the average person I think it was one or two beers to be over the limit in BC and alberta.

The penalties are really high now. I heard the court system got so backed up people were getting off too much so they stopped giving impaired so easily, I think they went back to giving 24hrs to first timers.

I think they put a breathelyzer in your vehicle first impair charge now as well.

I think 0.08 is too low but I don't like people hammered drunk on the road regardless, I don't wanna die from a headon caused by a drunk crossing the line. Or a texter texting while driving down the road!

according to Tennessee Law: (TCA 55-8-199) Texting while Driving is ILLEGAL in the State of Tennessee, and if you are caught, you have to pay a $50 fine.

Cheaper than BC if you get caught texting even at stop light you get a large fine and points on your license. I think its great because I hate it when someone sits at a red and it turns green and there's a 20 second delay because they were too busy updating facebook status "LOLZ I'M DRIVING!"

Archived