Where to get a new emissions sticker

Chris

I can have it tested and them think it is a 4.8 still, but I want it certified that I have a 6.0. I will get a video tomorrow when I go to watch the dyno tuning. Mainly doing it to piss off my friend in Utah who was my old room mate. He has always been jealous that my truck was the faster 4.8. He has an 06 Silverado crew cab. But I had 3.42's and he had 3.23's. Same mods for a while, Then I got my tune. Another thing to show off. Better to do this while I'm single...

Your VIN # is still going to say that you have a 4.8. When you have an emissions testing they enter your VIN # and the equipment compares your emissions to a 4.8 engine and the year of the vehicle. Around here no one looks at an emissions label. They just scan or type in the VIN # from the windshield and let the equipment do its job.

Its more for me and a reference. That way I can make sure my 6.0 has the correct equipment. If it passes with the 6.0 after I tell them it is a 6.0 I will get a sticker that states it is a passing and legal swap and at that point 6.0 standards will be on my truck

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

I could be way off but wouldn't the DMV be able to help you? After all they are the ones that will be requiring the test. Also as a side question, are you required to get an updated title, I only ask because when I was stationed in Delaware if you did an engine swap you had to apply for a new title to reflect the new engine. (Why? Who knows, that's Delaware for you.)

Some have EGR and some dont, Some have Air injection and others dont. I have a California emissions equipped truck and I'm not sure if the 6.0 was

Well its a legal swap. I have to have it inspected for the correct equipment and tested.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Only the GM dealer can get you one & it takes some time too (3-4 weeks). They order it by VIN# though, because the last 8 didgits of the VIN# are on it too.

Maybe try hitting the wrecking yards there? All you need is the top off an air cleaner anyways....

Archived