In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
tooch420

Remote Start

What is the best remote start other than OEM for 2013 Equinox, and who will give me the good NEAT install at reasonable price? I'm in suffolk county/LI,NY. Need something long range and reliable.

Edited by tooch420

I don't know where cuz I'm in Canada land. But I have a compustar 2-way alarm/starter in my truck and its great!! Bout $500

Clifford or Viper are good systems. Find your local stereo/security shop

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Honestly...my $$$ would be on the OEM as it would be fully integral to the vehicle without any aftermarket splicing, wiring, etc. Also, when the new keys are ordered, you can order them uncoded (not cut for the vehicle) and have the dealer swap your current key blades into the new fobs and the uncoded blades into the old fobs to save you about $20 a key.

Edited by newdude

We have an OEM remote starter for the equinox, it doesn't reach very far. Doesn't tell you if ur vehicle is getting broken into. And it's not an alarm.

My compustar will start from pretty far away, like deep inside a mall or arena. And it's LOUD if someone tries to get in. I think their is benefits to either set up...OEM of course you will have warranty..

Call the guys at Autospatech 866-674-1705 they have a new extendend range kit
available that you can actually do yourself as it is pretty much plug and play