2014 GMC Sierra & 2014 Chevrolet Silverado High Resolution Detaled

2018GMC

Both designs look sharp to me. The retro front end on the Silverado is great, and will be very appealing once folks get past the change. The Sierra exterior is a bit of an exaggeration of the current model. The front protrudes, and the side flares are more "cut". Between the two, the Silverado interior catches my interest the most, simply because they went with greenish back lighting and and whitish gauges. I just don't care for the older Pontiac "red" displays, but I understand that it's very popular in sports and European cars.

The one thing that hasn't been mentioned, is that it's almost certain the new engines will use the newer engine and transmission control systems (Global A?). If so, I bet they'll have "counters" that track tuning...

I too, hate the red displays. They are sooo tacky. Remind me of my dad's Kia! Yuck!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Goodyear Wrangler SRA - the worst tires I have ever owned. My Titan came with them. They are horrible, IMO. they didn't stay balanced. They wet weather traction was bad.

Chrome clad wheels should be banned.

Also, outside mirrors are too small. This is a truck, give us bigger mirrors.

Whats with the mud flap in front of the rear tires?

I don't know, the more I look at these, the more I don't like them.

The only thing that I have seen that I don't care for is the little round buttons on the steering wheel. I have them on the wife's ride and they are very hard for us big handed guys to use, they may be great for the girly men around but not for me, I really like the ones in my '11. :jester:

If i had to take a guess, i'd say improved aerodynamics to help with MPG. Directing the airflow to the lower half of the tire so the upper half isn't fighting against the wind.

Also, outside mirrors are too small. This is a truck, give us bigger mirrors.

I don't know, the more I look at these, the more I don't like them.

Didnt you see the concave in the mirror to allow for you to see all around the truck without the use of bigger mirrors?

i am assuming the mud flap in the front of tires is to prevent rock chips from flying up, i have added this to my current truck and it has made a huge difference in paint chips.

The smaller mirrors and the rear wheel flap are both for less wind drag. It's really hard to care about such small things on a one-by-one basis, but over hundreds of thousands of vehicles, and hundreds of thousands of miles each... it adds up.

The smaller mirrors and the rear wheel flap are both for less wind drag. It's really hard to care about such small things on a one-by-one basis, but over hundreds of thousands of vehicles, and hundreds of thousands of miles each... it adds up.

I do auto transport. Loaded four 2012 Nissan Frontiers yesterday, they all had the flaps in front of the rear wheels too. No rear flaps or much of anything else as they are going to OReilly's parts stores. Anyway, was the first time I had noticed them on anything else.

Glad to see that the LED trim on the headlights of the GMC is just an option. The way they made it sound on the announcement, they would be standard on all models, and honestly I'm nota big fan. I do like the retro look of the Silvy but I'm still partial to the Sierra

After giving it a few days to sink in, the new trucks are starting to grow on me. Though I will be keeping my '08 a while longer due to financial situations and because it is paid off, I might consider getting one of these about the time the next generation comes out.

Same reason I'm keeping my 05. 50 grand buys a lot of gas, and my truck's paid for (and still going strong).

I'm warming up to the interior layout. Is that really a dedicated cargo lamp switch on the lower center stack? Hooray!!

Also notice that they have brought back the sunglasses holder to the overhead console. Very appealing.

Archived