2014 GMC Sierra & 2014 Chevrolet Silverado High Resolution Detaled

2018GMC

I like that the new ones now have a switch for the cargo lamp. I hate that you have to turn on all of the interior lights in order to use the cargo lamp.

You can never see what's in the bed because the interior lights put such a glare on the rear window.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like that the new ones now have a switch for the cargo lamp. I hate that you have to turn on all of the interior lights in order to use the cargo lamp.

You can never see what's in the bed because the interior lights put such a glare on the rear window.

Exactly. Makes me wonder how the guy who thought that was a good idea was able to even get his job.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3

One of the biggest/only gripes about my truck. Having a separate switch for the cargo lamp seems like a no brainer to me.

Using the "build your own" tool on chevy i like what i'm seeing overall, i dont mind the chrome grill although i would like a body colored one, but i really want body color handles and mirror caps. I hate how they think chrome = high end on the ltz's. To me chrome mirror caps and chrome door handles look like pep boy specials rather than high end trimmings.

I like the interior trimmings, finally looks like GM is going to come into the 2010's with all of the other truck players. The dash layout looks like the new F150s, and this is a theme I see when comparing the 2013 F150 and this new 2014 Sierra

My personal opinion is that I like the Sierra more than the Silverado, always did though regardless of the model. So my below comments are directed at the Sierra

I like the body panels, gives the truck a more agressive/cut stance. Has a vague resembalence to a F150 although their wheel wells are rounded not squared

Not liking the tailgate for a two reasons,

1. Looks like they are taking subtle queues from the F150's again, I like the smoother lines of the '900's not a fan of the "creases"

2. What is up with the huge ass GMC logo slapped right in the middle, holy toledo...I know it's probably a nod to the old school GMC's that had the big GMC across the gate but I never liked it... the GMC logo on my '900 is big enough. I guess this one could be easily solved by debaging it :)

I like the little step on the rear bumper but it's really not that necessary. Speaking of buumpers, I hope they make the chrome better than what's on the '800 and '900's because I already had the side steps and rear chrome bumper pieces replaced on my 2010 due to corrosion. I know of a place where there are old cars from the 50's and 60's that have been abandoned in the forest, they have been there for probably 30 years and the chrome on them still shine!

While I like the headlights on the Sierra as it's different and cool... looks similar to the F150's "eyeball"... not saying that's a bad thing cuz I like the F150 headlights

Seeing a trend here? While I think the 2014's are a nice step forward for GM trucks, the lines between Ford and GM are becoming blurry in my mind... since Ford came out with their redesign first it looks like GM will be branded as "copy cats".... It was bad enough that GM has two trucks that are almost identical... maybe that's just a sign fo the times.

In the end when I am ready to buy another truck I will most likely go with a Sierra as I think it's a nicer looking truck than the Silverado and well I will never drive a Ford :) ...although the new Dodge Ram's are a close second ;)

I fully agree on the chrome statement... I'd rather see body color mirror caps and door handles.... my truck is black but it got the textured black plastic, I'd prefer the smooth painted pieces....

Using the "build your own" tool on chevy i like what i'm seeing overall, i dont mind the chrome grill although i would like a body colored one, but i really want body color handles and mirror caps. I hate how they think chrome = high end on the ltz's. To me chrome mirror caps and chrome door handles look like pep boy specials rather than high end trimmings.

I fully agree on the chrome statement... I'd rather see body color mirror caps and door handles.... my truck is black but it got the textured black plastic, I'd prefer the smooth painted pieces....

Exactly, if your dont pick ltz then you are stuck with unpainted plastic, which also looks no good.

Although... I think you can get the painted plastic pieces on I believe the SLE2 or SLT's in the Sierra, it might even be an option on the LTS' in the Silverado's..... not sure on that but I have definitely seen Sierra's (not the Denali's) that had these pieces, could have been a regular Sierra with these pieces ordered and installed

But yeah... chrome doesn't mean "high end"... one look at all of the really expensive sports cars and you will see very few of them have the flashy chrome bling.... well with the exception of Justin Beiber's sports car (Fiskar Karma) that's all chrome or something like that, knob, lol....he probably paid a gazzilion bucks for it and it still looks like a crazy crew of Pep Boy fanatics attacked it with stick on chrome :D

justin-bieber-chrome-fisker-inf-2.jpg

• 11 months later...

I have to say that the sliverado front end and headlight setup reminds me of a certain Chevy Chase movie I believe it might be called family vacation.hahahaha

Archived