In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
wurgs

Wife took the plunge

We took the plunge Saturday buying a new 2012 Terrain 1LT. Its got most of the bells and whistles and got it for a good price as everyones trying to get rid of the 2012s. She drove just about every comparable crossover/suv and just liked the Terrain best.Heres a picture.

Edited by wurgs
  • Like 1

Another of the interior

Nice! I've been trying to talk my wife into trading on a Terrain, but she won't budge. Can't really blame her since she gets 36mpg with her Cruze.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by Daryl NHT

Very nice!

Ryan

Thanks guys. I hope it turns out well for her. I left it totally up to her, didn't even go with on the test drives. Overall she just thought the Terrain was the best choice in that niche of vehicles. I loved the colors, its the exact same as my 09 Sierra AT!

Actually the gas mileage of the V4 is rated at 29 and dealer said he heard of some getting 32 regularly. Of course my wife had to go with the V6 because it had more power, I'm so proud of her! :)

Thanks guys. I hope it turns out well for her. I left it totally up to her, didn't even go with on the test drives. Overall she just thought the Terrain was the best choice in that niche of vehicles. I loved the colors, its the exact same as my 09 Sierra AT!

Actually the gas mileage of the V4 is rated at 29 and dealer said he heard of some getting 32 regularly. Of course my wife had to go with the V6 because it had more power, I'm so proud of her! :)

My woman got the 4 cyl equinox AWD. It gets 30+ easily. Not bad for its size an AWD... I left it totally up to her as well. I don't even think I've opened the hood yet LOL. I paid for the 6 year bumper to bumper.

If you don't mind me askin what did you pay all in?

We also went with the extended warrenty, it was an additional 4 years of bumper to bumper through GM ( for a total of 7 years ) with no deductable for only $500/year. Sounds a little high maybe but if its like her last 2 vehicles we will definately get our money worth.

It wasn't marked down really low, sticker was just under 35000 and we paid 31101. The one nice thing was they gave us about $500 more than Blue Book for her Trailblazer. With trade it came to an even 26000. With what they are asking in this neck of the woods for SUVs and trucks the price was pretty good.

Edited by wurgs

To the poster who's wife drives the cruze how do you like it? Wife had to give up her civic back to her parents and when I get off deployment I don't think I'll like her driving my truck everyday. I like having my own options. I like the cruzes and the acadias but the cruze might fit us better now.

I like the two tone on the seats of the terrain.

Hey all, we just traded for a new 2012 Caddy SRX, cousin to the Equinox and Terrain. We got the Performance Front Wheel Drive as she hates the snow and was cheaper and little better mpg. Hope she is good to us!

How is everyone's equinox, terrain doing?