Promising better fuel economy for AFM engines, the Range

Zane

Driving in the V4 mode the instant mileage off the DIC can be all over the place from 99 mpg coasting downhill to 22-32 mpg at 65 mph. I have seen 72 mpg in M5 which is locked in V8 coasting downhill. So it can be all over the range, really hard to judge. Like U said there are a thousand factors involved.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whenever mine kicks in on the interstate with tailwinds or lightening off the throttle I get mid 30s. In town is all over the place. Interested in hearing the test results tho! Could this be used with a tune as well?

Is there a chance that there will be a product developed with a 3 way switch, one for full V8, one for standard mode and one for extreme V4 mode?

I drive 25% towing a 7500 lb trailer and 75% relatively flat freeway (in V4 right now about 40% of the time)

I have been able to get 9.3L/100 (25.3 MPG) as an AVERAGE with my 5.3 L5Y Iron Block 6 speed and if I could get better at $1.33 / L ( $4.94/GAL)

Ya, I am curious to hear what gas mileage Project Sierra has been getting since this was installed. I would like to see some data.

We'll have our report on fuel economy next week. :cheers:

Quick update :

V8 module works great! We're in the final stages of getting it on the website and modules programmed. After lots of logging and miles, it is 100% in v8 and drives really smooth!

We are also testing a calibration that will be a little less aggressive that will work nicely with the smaller motor 4speed auto trucks and people who spend a lot of time at higher speeds in cruise control (again, smaller displacement with higher gears that are on the edge of max load). It's being tested right now and it is definitely smoother above about 45 where aerodynamics and gearing are in play. The SUVs seem to have better aero and are a little less sensitive than the pickups.

Here's an update on our end:

Josh and I did a back to back comparison this week as our hopes to get numbers from a few full tanks of gas didn't play out like we had intended. (Too much snow and 4x4 use to make the numbers accurate)

What was the result? We can verify the Range did increase fuel economy, as promised.

We're writing up the final results today and tomorrow. :cheers:

Here's an update on our end:

Josh and I did a back to back comparison this week as our hopes to get numbers from a few full tanks of gas didn't play out like we had intended. (Too much snow and 4x4 use to make the numbers accurate)

What was the result? We can verify the Range did increase fuel economy, as promised.

We're writing up the final results today and tomorrow. :cheers:

WELL????

WELL????

and we're still putting the final touches on our write-up. We want to be as factual and professional as possible. Rushing a review won't be beneficial to anyone.

and we're still putting the final touches on our write-up. We want to be as factual and professional as possible. Rushing a review won't be beneficial to anyone.

I am waiting to . Might show my dad the write-up if I find it any good.

Its good you guys are not in school . Pretty slow .

Its good you guys are not in school . Pretty slow .

In the real world, getting it done right is more important than getting it done quickly.

Archived