2013 crew cab Silverado 4X4 work truck

I had a chance to drive one for about 56 miles yesterday. The ride was nice, more like a car, and it handled decently. Now for the bad part: the exterior looked awfully cheap. And the iterior looked even cheaper. I was surprised that they still use the 4 speed automatic with the 4.8 liter V8 engine.

This truck had power windows and door locks, but no remote locking. Why isn't remote locking a part of the power packaage? Why is GM so cheap that they have to split these options like this?

Why is GM so cheap that they have to split these options like this?

if they added all of the 'cheap to implement' options to the WT's it would cannibalize sales of the SLE models. in that vein, it's worth it to explicitly delete options from the lower trim models. it's standard business practice, they all do it.

It's a work truck....it isn't going to have many options. As stated above, if the WT came with more features, there would be no need for the WT option, because it would be just like the next trim level above it. Some people (or companies) just want a bare-bones (less expensive) truck.

My employer specd W/T packages on all our trucks as they bought on a bid contract year to year. Started getting trucks with A/C in the 90's and trucks the power windows and door locks in the past few years.Your right they look cheap because fleet buyers and alot of company buyers could careless what they look like. They just want something that gets the job done as cheaply as possible. And they weren't concerned about resale value.

You don't want work trucks with lots of options because some idiot will break something. Work trucks are never taken care of and go through a lot of abuse. Less options the better. Besides, their cheaper!

I had a chance to drive one for about 56 miles yesterday. The ride was nice, more like a car, and it handled decently. Now for the bad part: the exterior looked awfully cheap. And the iterior looked even cheaper. I was surprised that they still use the 4 speed automatic with the 4.8 liter V8 engine.

This truck had power windows and door locks, but no remote locking. Why isn't remote locking a part of the power packaage? Why is GM so cheap that they have to split these options like this?

That's why it's called a WORK TRUCK...Bottom end truck = Lowest price with less options. Pretty much everything comes with power locks/windows anymore.

Archived