New 2013 GMC Yukon Denali.

Well I just purchased my third new Denali in the past 13 months. My first was a new 2012 Acadia Denali AWD in Dec. 2011, for my Wife. Next I purchased a 2012 Sierra Denali AWD crew cab in April 2012 for me and this Tuesday I traded the Wifes Acadia for a new 2013 Yukon Denali AWD. I just didn't like the 288 horsepower or the front wheel drive platform of the Acadia. I am old school and prefer 400+ horsepower and a rear wheel drive platform. Both my Denali's are white diamond tri-coat and have all factory options, plus several Dealer installed options as well as many I have added. We are going to take the Yukon to Gatlinburg TN this weekend, for our first trip. I can't wait to blow that 6.2 out!

But crossovers usually have a torque split such as 70% of power going to the front wheels and 30% going to the back.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

But crossovers usually have a torque split such as 70% of power going to the front wheels and 30% going to the back.

I was just wondering because one of the reason he got his new vehicles because of a wheel rear drive platform and I was thinking he was just geting a other awd vehical that is alot bigger more power.

It could be awd too, but the platform is rear drive. It may have a torque split too but it would be in favor of the rear. I think they do a 60/40 split in favor of the rear but I'm not 100% sure

I thought with the awd its not a rear or front wheel drive platform . Its a all wheel drive platform .

The Acadia is a front wheel wheel drive unibody platform. What that means is that it has no frame and a transverse mounted engine and transaxle with approximately 67% of the weight on the front axle, similar to a front wheel drive car, also it is standard with front wheel drive if you do not opt for all wheel drive. The Yukon is a Truck based body on frame platform with a inline engine and transmission, with approximately 56% of the weight on the front axle. If you do not opt for all wheel drive you get a rear wheel drive vehicle standard. The closer to a 50-50 weight split you get, the better handling and driving vehicle you have! Two totaly different platforms and driving characteristic's.

Archived