Chit chat

SarahsGMC

• 3 weeks later...

The dumb dog dug a big hole(two years and he hasn't tried this before, and I just working in the yard 2 days ago) and both dogs for loose. The little one I hasn't been found. It's storming here and they scare her. She hasn't been seen in 5 hours, and may have been picked up(a 90-93 blue surburban stopped on the he side of the road for a few minutes shortly after she was last seen, while I was out looking). Afraid she got a new home, she has never stayed away for long before, she is a smart little dog and doesn't go far, until this time. The thunder probably panicked her.

4 minutes ago, SnakeEyeSS said:

Still haven't found my little dog. :( She thinks she can take out a Lion, so I'm hoping she didn't go hunting for one. There are coyotes and bobcats around here.

I wish you all the best with the search for your little family member.  That's not a nice situation to be in.

I remember last winter, I was following (on facebook) the tale of a 9 month old Standard Poodle who somehow got away from its owner on a hike.  With each day that passed, it seemed success was less and less likely, especially given the cold winter temperatures, but after around a week, the dog was finally found, in fairly good health. 

Hold on to hope for as long as is reasonable, and again, good luck with the search. 

Edited by rkj__

Got a call and rushed down there. She had stranger danger and would not let anyone get near her, but once I called her name a few times she finally realized we had found her. She was dirty, covered with seeds and when I shaved her fur off I found two ticks, so she had a rough night. Had several people call and say they tried to approach her and she wouldn't let anyone get close and would run off. The last guy stayed near her to make sure, since he had seen the sign already, I tried to give him a reward but he wouldn't even face me when I offered it and walked off.

• Like 2

Glad you got your pup back, man. That's a great deal. :thumbs:

Sorry to hear that, James & Ryan. Sucks.

Past 3 years have been rough over here, too. I had a big Maine coon cat, Buddy, that died suddenly of heart failure in 2016 - only 13 years old. Then my mom died of cancer in '18, and just this past February, we lost another cat, Lovey - a black/white tuxedo. She weighed about 3 lbs. when she died. Lost a ton of weight in '16 - figured she was going to check out soon, but she hung on for 2.5 years. I consider that a blessing.

What sucks about that one, is we had to put her in the chest freezer, since the ground was frozen when she passed. Now we've had 9" of rain for the month of April, and the backyard is a quagmire. Can't get the neighbor's tractor back there - it'll sink up to the seat. Sucks dragging out a painful situation, but what can we do ... can't control the weather.

Buddy - he was a vocal one!

Buddy-talking.jpg

IMG-4897.jpg

Lovey:

Lovey-5.jpg

Tough little girl - hung on for a LONG time ...

IMG-9604.jpg

Edited by Jsdirt
  • Thanks 1

Indeed they do.

They always say, the Lord works in mysterious ways.  Several months after my mom passed, it seemed I was taking it harder then, than right after it happened. Was having a tough time. Out of the blue, my neighbor found 2 six week old kittens in his shed. The minute I saw them, I knew I had to take them in  ... even though the little guys were wild, and were spitting and hissing at me any time I reached into the box.

3 days after I took them home, they were sitting in my lap, climbing up my pant legs, and riding on my shoulders. They brought the joy back that I had lost that year. One of them as I type right now is sprawled out in front of my monitor, lol. (last pic)

Pumpkin:

IMG-9367.jpg

Gizmo:

IMG-9369.jpg

They're not so little anymore ...

IMG-0479.jpg

IMG-0124.jpg

fullsizeoutput-aa8.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Got a call and rushed down there. She had stranger danger and would not let anyone get near her, but once I called her name a few times she finally realized we had found her. She was dirty, covered with seeds and when I shaved her fur off I found two ticks, so she had a rough night. Had several people call and say they tried to approach her and she wouldn't let anyone get close and would run off. The last guy stayed near her to make sure, since he had seen the sign already, I tried to give him a reward but he wouldn't even face me when I offered it and walked off.

We have two little dogs. Both diggers. I put pavers down, four by fours, no luck. Finally I went to tractor supply and put electric wire around. That was 12 years ago. They bump it once, never got out again. You can even get solar power now. I unplug after a couple years, left the wire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

We have two little dogs. Both diggers. I put pavers down, four by fours, no luck. Finally I went to tractor supply and put electric wire around. That was 12 years ago. The bump it once, never got out again. You can even get solar power now. I unplug after a couple years, left the wire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh pave stones along the fence, that will beat my hound mutt, he behaves well when I'm around but when I'm not he gets in a lot of trouble. A lot easier than burying chicken wire too. Thanks for the idea.

Edited by SnakeEyeSS
  • Like 2

On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 6:13 PM, Jsdirt said:

I must've had a Wednesday engine in my '94 K1500. That thing rocketed out of the hole faster than just about anything on the street. On my commute to work over the 4 years I owned it, I can count on one hand the number of vehicles that were able to get ahead of me at the traffic lights. Was stock as far as I know - don't know if it had a chip. May have. Stock air cleaner and iron manifolds with Flowmaster 2-into-1-into-2 exhaust. A guy I worked with had a '69 Chevelle - commented that he'd never seen a truck accelerate out of the hole that quick in his life after I jumped on it from a stop when the light turned green, lol. Previous owner may have done some internal mods that I wasn't aware of ... but he was a body guy, so I doubt it. Maybe the guy before him. Who knows.

Later in it's life, I ended up buying headers, TBI and air cleaner spacers, and a bigger Holley TBI unit ... and lost about 50% of it's off-the-line power! Good example of, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it",  Had 266k trouble free miles on it when I sold it. GM needs to get back to that kind of reliability!

My 94 RCSB Z71 Silverado 5.7 TBI was a great running truck.

The 4L60E? Well let's just say it was always late to the party! :smash:

Edited by Sierra Dan
  • Like 1