Chit chat

SarahsGMC

Listened to the Smoking Tire with Carlos Lagos, and he was talking about doing the full size truck tests offroad and how they ended up wishing they had the support vehicle instead. The full sizes are so big now they just don't fit on the trails without getting jacked up. The support truck had zero issues and no paint damage. What was it?

ZR2

• Like 1

Take the Mazda in, and when the advisor is doing the pre check(my wife got there first with it), and when the guy popped the hood and was checking the it over, was stuttering and speechless (spent nearly 10 hours detailing the exterior this past week)and finally let out "I NEVER see a car like this unless it's a new one". Guess I did good :D

Thing that threw me was was they sent a message saying that a 4 wheel alignment was needed immediately. So I'm thinking there was some pothole after effect I haven't caught yet(I drive it like once every 6 weeks), and I just drove it yesterday and everything was fine.  So I ask what is specifically wrong that it needs it, is the tire wear uneven, a wheel slightly off, or what. He says "oh, nothing in particular,  it's just to get the most life out of your tires." The tires have like 40k miles on them, I'm planning new ones before this winter. So no, I'm not paying $100 to get another $10-20 of life out of them. 

• 1 month later...

Yuck, does not sound like fun. Have you guys got drilled yet?

This summer has been particularly dark. LOTS of ugly storms, tornadoes, hail, and they are frequent. There was softball size hail roughly an hour and a half east of my location on the 4th. Makes me glad I work at a place with a parking garage, and have a garage at home for Clyde. 

Now if only I could sell my brother old Camaro...

On 7/6/2019 at 11:41 PM, Chris said:

I’m stuck in a metric shit ton of earthquakes

Sent from my iPhone using CRAPatalk Pro

Well hold steady then. 

We haven't had any big ones(over 5) here lately. Our new Gov may have toned down the fracking, this guy is looking to be a keeper, I've been pleasantly surprised after all the shady stuff his opponent had dig up.

I needed some more Tolco Chemical resistant sprayers(for spray bottles, need them because a lot of chemicals just chew right through the regular spray bottle sprayer/triggers in a few uses. Ordered some on eBay.

I got it today, the  parcel seemed too small.

Received a rattle can of carpet dye. I send a message to seller about item, which automatically put the item number and name in the subject line. Also sent a picture.

He responds "I'll send it right out. what color of dye did you order?"

giphy.gif

Oh boy.

Edited by SnakeEyeSS
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, SnakeEyeSS said:

I needed some more Tolco Chemical resistant sprayers(for spray bottles, need them because a lot of chemicals just chew right through the regular spray bottle sprayer/triggers in a few uses. Ordered some on eBay.

I got it today, the  parcel seemed too small.

Received a rattle can of carpet dye. I send a message to seller about item, which automatically put the item number and name in the subject line. Also sent a picture.

He responds "I'll send it right out. what color of dye did you order?"

giphy.gif

Oh boy.

??? Welcome to the global marketplace ... ?

22 minutes ago, Jsdirt said:

??? Welcome to the global marketplace ... ?

It's a US seller, an industrial supply place by the looks of it.

He replied again, said it was a software error. 

Now the hard part is I'm going on out of town and will be gone when the return label arrives. Hope he can wait for the return, not that there is going to be a choice.

Edited by SnakeEyeSS

Oh, geesh ... I guess it's, " welcome to 21st Century customer service " ... :sick: 

Yep - he's gonna have to wait for that return. Was his fault anyway!

Just like the Northeast! Everyone's got their faces in their f'ing phones ...

The other problem is how far past the line that car was.  A lot of big rigs turn onto that road seeing as how UPS package, USPS, and Fedex Freight all have locations on that road.  Truckers use all that space to make that turn going right up to that white line a lot of times.  Car directly in front of me is farther than I'd go too.  Where I'm at is where I stop even with no one in front of me.  Fedex is literally across the street from us.  I still tell people if they're going to do something stupid like fight go across the street to Fedex so you're off property :)

Edited by Chevyguy85
  • Like 1

I used to deal with that constantly up here when I was driving trucks. It's amazing how many people are just completely clueless about tractor trailers and how they operate. So many people just running around like preprogrammed, mindless dolts ...