My soon to be sweet deal! 2006 Silverado

Brand new member, long time car guy. Been a diesel head my whole life, build sled pullers, drag trucks and the like. I'm a Chevy guy, always have been, but I'm a Powerstroke fan also (Don't shoot!!), I have a lot of love for the Duramax, and always classic Cummins. Finally went back to school this year, working on my Civil Engineering degree, and had to sell my 7.3. Wasn't pulling and just couldn't justify maintenance costs for a DD. I've been beating around in a POS Dakota for the past few months, and I just happened upon what may just be gold today. 2006 CC 4x4 with a 5.3. Has 180K on the ticker. Original owner. Vehicle had the passenger bed side F-ed up by an incompetent loader operator. Salvage Title... But the bed has been farm fixed enough to put the light back in. Street legal. Guy wants 3900 bucks for it, so I'm going to look at it tomorrow. Any opinions on stuff? Thanks in advance for any feed back.

Make sure with a salvage title you can register in your state. That's a lot of miles on an 06. See if he has any records. It it is on the original tranny, the clock is ticking. Sounds like a good buy. So even if you buy a junk yard bed and a new tranny you will still be in it less than a clean title 06 is worth

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

$2K max..... I would consider it a $1500 truck or less here. I can go to salvage auctions here and buy them for that all day long. If it was only 80000 miles okay, but at 180000..... pass. A clean undamaged truck with that kind of miles might fetch $4-$5K.

The only "sweet deal" on that truck for $3900 is the owner finding someone to pay that......

$2K max..... I would consider it a $1500 truck or less here. I can go to salvage auctions here and buy them for that all day long. If it was only 80000 miles okay, but at 180000..... pass. A clean undamaged truck with that kind of miles might fetch $4-$5K.

The only "sweet deal" on that truck for $3900 is the owner finding someone to pay that......

I agree. That's too much money for a beat up, 180k mile truck, with a salvage title. I'd find out why it's a salvage vehicle....because a smashed bed side is not enough to make an insurance company total a vehicle (if that's why it has a salvage title). Also, with 180k miles, there are lots of parts just waiting to let go....so you need to leave a price cushion for repairs. Just my two cents...

Archived