What is this? (pic)

• 3 weeks later...

i re-read this and still am skeptical ,,,i think it may have to do with assembly line process...

if there are witness marks of some kind then i MAY be right ,,,IDK ,

I'm with you. Don't see how those little pads could do much to save a car from going under in an accident. Would need bigger than that. My guess is a resting pad in the manufacturing process.

i re-read this and still am skeptical ,,,i think it may have to do with assembly line process...

if there are witness marks of some kind then i MAY be right ,,,IDK ,

I'm with you. Don't see how those little pads could do much to save a car from going under in an accident. Would need bigger than that. My guess is a resting pad in the manufacturing process.

They are NOT for the assembly line process,They are for as described above....to prevent cars from going under,or the truck from going over them.

They are NOT for the assembly line process,They are for as described above....to prevent cars from going under,or the truck from going over them.

I have to agree with Rich. I can't see GM spending the time and money to make this extra part to add to the truck just for the manufacturing process. It makes more sense as a safety feature.

I remember when they were coming out with the GMT900 1/2-ton trucks those were mentioned in our dealership product training,I tried finding a link to describe them,but had no luck,trust me though,thats the purpose of them,and they work pretty good from some of the trucks I've seen in here after a collision.

I remember when they were coming out with the GMT900 1/2-ton trucks those were mentioned in our dealership product training,I tried finding a link to describe them,but had no luck,trust me though,thats the purpose of them,and they work pretty good from some of the trucks I've seen in here after a collision.

So these are only on the 900s and not on the 800s?

So these are only on the 900s and not on the 800s?

Yes,they are only on the GMT900 1/2-ton's,from what I've seen they will also be on the new 2014 trucks as well.

Archived