To buy or not to buy....

2018GMC

I have been looking for a leftover 2012 GMC Sierra Duramax LML but those are hard to find (in my area anyway).

What do you all think of this?

I may get it this week unless a 12 pops up.

Talked down to 43K + TTL

2011 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLT Duramax LML 4X4 - Carfax One owner who must have driven alot of highway miles

32,500 miles - service records indicate 8k mile oil changes. Is that ok?

Summit White with Light / Dark Titanium Leather with heated seats

Built 07/11

First owner 10/13/2011 - Thats when the warranty starts correct?

18" wheels with original Goodyear SR-A tires (they say 50% tread)

SLT Convience Pkg

SLT Preferred Equipment Group

Adjustable power pedals

Universal home remote

EZ lift tailgate

Rear parking assist

Rear Wheel house liner

Remote engine start

Premium sound system

Towing package

Dual zone A/C

Steering wheel controls

Body color handles

Fog lamps

small mirrors (which i like even though they will suck for towing)

Truck looks like new, even the drivers seat shows almost no wear.

I would appreciate your feedback!

If it fits your needs I think that it looks like a good deal. Not a big fan of white but you do live in AZ so it might not be a bad choice. My 11 was a year old on Dec 31 and has 20,000 miles on her now with out many issues at all, only one really took two trips to fix, had to replace DEF tank because of bad sensors in it, go figure you can't replace senors must replace whole tank. :jester:

If it fits your needs I think that it looks like a good deal. Not a big fan of white but you do live in AZ so it might not be a bad choice. My 11 was a year old on Dec 31 and has 20,000 miles on her now with out many issues at all, only one really took two trips to fix, had to replace DEF tank because of bad sensors in it, go figure you can't replace senors must replace whole tank. :jester:

Thanks for the reply, I am a little unsure about the whilte too. Some people think white = Fleet or gov vechile and some think it is classy, lasts the longest and hides scratches / dirt. I really like the Mocha steel metallic but that color is kind of rare. I liked quicksilver too but silver seems to be more and more common on the road these days. White will probably be a good choice since it will live in my driveway. My garage is not long enough :-(

I have read about a vibration at 65 - 70 on some LML's. There is talk of lawsuits... Guess I will have test drive it at those speeds for a while.

What highway mpg do you get?

Mine runs around ave of 15.5 best tank was at 19.7 and worse pulling 40 ft float and Dodge 1 ton at 75-80 Mph was 12.9 mpg. I do not have any of the vibration problems that some seem to see. My truck is as quite and rattle free as you would ever see, and it sees dirt roads every day with lots of potholes. I am glad that I waited as long as I did for the Dmax, I feel that with getting the 11 I got the best that GM had to offer. The only thing I don't like is with the SLE trim the door handles are down on the floor, and are hard to reach.

Since you say you are at 7000 ft are you up on the rim? Spent some time in the valley. :jester:

Yeah, called on that one and it has a bunch of aftermarket accessories, lift, etc. they want too much for all of the stuff they added and I prefer stock.

You can go to the GMC web site and chat with some one who can do a search for you to find what trucks are near you. I used pickuptrucks.com to find my truck. I did travel a long ways to get it but my local dealers were afraid to do a dealer trade because they might have gotten a truck that they could not sell more than one they had on the lot. I found 2 different trucks that were about the same opitions for only $25.00 difference. I bought the one that was near my daughters so I would not spend money on a motel when I when to get it. Hope this helps. :jester:

Hi all: Here goes my RANT:

:M16:

Did I mention how much i HATE stealers? I mean dealers = stealers.

The white truck that was supposed to be in "excellent like new" shape was definately not! There were several pant chips on outside of truck, the tires had about 10,000 miles left at most but they insisted there was at least 50% tread. The stock tires are rated for 50k miles (if you are lucky) truck had 33K. Salesman said I was being picky. I said of course I am when I am looking at a 40K + truck!

Started looking at new 2013 SLE's with MSRP of 56 and 54K. I DEMANDED 10K off, after negoiating that for an hour, I demanded at least 8k off MSRP. The best they could do was $6500 off "Their price" which was an additional 2K over MSRP because they tinted the windows and treated the exterior and interior with some bull$hit! I told them I am not paying for extras I don't want and their answer to that was "we do that to all our vechiles, there is no way around it"

Salesman was O.K. Then Mr. High pressure sales manager came out and wrote a note on paper that said: " I will buy this truck if you can take 10k off MSRP". He said I had to sign that in order for him to negoiate the price with the owner of the company. I said thats BS and told him that I will go look at another dealer. They said they want to earn my business, blah blah blah and that if I wanted to buy a truck today then I would have signed the hand written contract.

They copied my DL for the test drive and got my address so who knows whats going to happen with that. I refused to give them my SSN and told them NOT to check my credit because I already have financing worked out.

FU_ _ ! Waste of a day - missed work, traveling and getting nowhere! I guess I will just wait for a private party seller and avoid getting raped for thousands at the stealer, i mean dealer.

:M16:

I think black is the best choice in these trucks and white is the only 2nd choice! I've had 4 black ones now and was aiming for a wht the 2nd last time around--just didn't work out that way as that one I bought off a lot and didn't have a choice.

I think black looks sharp but it shows EVERYTHING!

Mine runs around ave of 15.5 best tank was at 19.7 and worse pulling 40 ft float and Dodge 1 ton at 75-80 Mph was 12.9 mpg. I do not have any of the vibration problems that some seem to see. My truck is as quite and rattle free as you would ever see, and it sees dirt roads every day with lots of potholes. I am glad that I waited as long as I did for the Dmax, I feel that with getting the 11 I got the best that GM had to offer. The only thing I don't like is with the SLE trim the door handles are down on the floor, and are hard to reach.

Since you say you are at 7000 ft are you up on the rim? Spent some time in the valley. :jester:

Thanks for the posts, Most people don't know Arizona has mountains and some city's average over 120 inches of snow in a year!

We loved to go up to Payson and over to Show Low. I had friends that lived in the valley and owned snowmobiles!! We would load up and go to the rim and play all day, then go home, grab a boat or two and go to the lake. :jester:

Archived