Need advice - installing carpet, console, CD in 2002 Silverado Reg Cab

Questions for installing the carpet:

1. This is a WT with the rubber/plastic factory covering.....do I install the carpet over it, or remove it and go over the insulation below it, or start from the metal?

2. How do I remove the plastic door sills and kick panels......as I don't want to crack or break them.

Questions on the console:

1. The console if from a 2000 (2 piece console) with a slave CD installed.....If I buy the correct wiring from the CD to my factory

radio, with cassette.....will this be a plug and play?

2. Any suggestions on removal and installations of the dash pieces (glove box, lower drivers panel, etc) that I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance for any and all help!!

Questions for installing the carpet:

1. This is a WT with the rubber/plastic factory covering.....do I install the carpet over it, or remove it and go over the insulation below it, or start from the metal? Yes,remove the factory rubber/vinyl covering,if the new carpeting does not have the insulator under it re-use it (you don't want to install the carpet without the insulation)

2. How do I remove the plastic door sills and kick panels......as I don't want to crack or break them. They simply unsnap/unclip off,just give them a slight "tug up" starting at one end.

Questions on the console:

1. The console if from a 2000 (2 piece console) with a slave CD installed.....If I buy the correct wiring from the CD to my factory

radio, with cassette.....will this be a plug and play? Should be.

2. Any suggestions on removal and installations of the dash pieces (glove box, lower drivers panel, etc) that I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance for any and all help!!

Archived