spark plugs on gmc yukon xl 1500

AC Delco is what we took out of the truck. they have a small tip on them. then the motorcraft that we put on it is a full circle thick tip. i dont know if that makes a diffrence or not.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AC Delco is what we took out of the truck. they have a small tip on them. then the motorcraft that we put on it is a full circle thick tip. i dont know if that makes a diffrence or not.

You took out either an iridium or platinum plug and replaced them w/ copper core plugs.....i run copper core in my truck, I just change them more frequently.

A platinum was pulled out. Iridium was started in 04. Getting 100k out of plugs isn't bad

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

I took platinums out of my 02 as well....been running NGK copper core plugs ever since. I prefer to see what's going on inside my engine more often than every 100K miles :-)....to each his own.

He needs to go back and check his work again carefully....

i dont know the difference in platinum or iridium so i not for sure on what i took out. i just notice the difference in the tips. so tomorrow im going to go buy some new plugs and change them out and see if it changes anything. what should i run in it?

i dont know the difference in platinum or iridium so i not for sure on what i took out. i just notice the difference in the tips. so tomorrow im going to go buy some new plugs and change them out and see if it changes anything. what should i run in it?

Do you have a flex fuel engine?

My preference is on iridiums. Platnums will work too. Your Yukon came with platinum from the factory and I wouldn't go with anything less.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

I tried the iridiums, didn't care for em....if you want to go back w/ what you had get some platinum plugs from any reputable manufacturer. You're going to get various opinions here on plugs....I already made my preference clear.

ok well thats nice to know about az, gonna go raise some hell there tomorrow :) and thank you guys will have to go get some new plugs and try and see if that fixes the problem

Don't raise too much hell.....just checked out www.rockauto.com and they show both of those plugs for your engine. Beats the heck out of me but for what's it worth I wouldn't run a Motorcraft plug in my edger and it's about 15 years old :-). Get some NGK's or AC Delco's. I'm outta here....good luck.

My preference is on iridiums. Platnums will work too. Your Yukon came with platinum from the factory and I wouldn't go with anything less. Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

His truck came from the factory w/ a 4.8L but ask him what's in it now.....lol.

Archived