built my first 2014

we will have to order our first trucks without a price. april looks like when we can actually place an order pricing won't be released until after that. i know that sounds wierd, but we will order our stock units without pricing information, but i would think most customers will wait for pricing though. we don't have any orders from customers yet, so it won't be an issue for us.

Tricia, I have a few questions if you could please help answer them I would really really really appreciate it.

1. When will I be able to go to a dealership and order a 2014 GMC Sierra SLT 4WD Crew Cab 5.3?

2. How long will it take to deliver?

3. I assume I can't special order it with a color not listed as available? I want grey but don't like the blue in the slate grey nor do I like the purple in the Iridium Metallic. I would LOVE it if I could get it with the 2013 color: Steel Grey Metallic. Possible?

4. Is the suspension on the 4WD 2014 the same as the 4WD 2013?

5. Would I be more likely to get the truck sooner if I order it or just wait for them to show up at dealerships and buy one in stock?

These questions have been making me crazy for the last 2 months, please help! :)

I have also responded to your private message. The 2014 Sierra Crew Cab is set to begin production around May. Start up to dealer lots is approximately 8 - 12 weeks. In general, truck production is the most difficult to gauge. In terms of changes from the 2013 model year, there is limited information at this point. I would also assume that you would not be able to order an option that is not listed for the vehicle. I would have to recommend contacting your local dealer closer to the start of production for more specifics. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

• 3 years later...

saw that many people had done the add on from an ebay visor homelink so i decided to make a video to share on how i did mine. hope this will help someone out on their project. it was not very hard to do and only cost about $9 it works very well and you need almost no tools. you dont even have to cut any wires no no void of warranty. DIY HomeLync Garage Door Opener 2015 GM Truck

Thanks for the inspiration of all the people in this forum

Archived