In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Location of Bluetooth Antenna on 2010 Silverado

rjohn33566

Question

I recently installed an OEM backup camera on my 2010 Silverado Z71 4x4 w/ Onstar. Ever since I installed it, I noticed that the right side light on my mirror is red. I've read that it is due to the bluetooth antenna not being connected properly, but my bluetooth is operational.

What could be the problem?

1 answer to this question

The bluetooth is incorporated with your onstar system and therefore the antenna is connected to the onstar module, if your Bluetooth is operational then it is connected just fine. As far as the Red light on your mirror this is referring to your onstar system itself, it may not be operational. If you have onstar try pushing the blue button or calling them and they can reset your system remotely, if you don't care about onstar and don't use it then don't worry about it. More than likely when you hooked up your rear camera you had the battery disconnected for to long or had a plug the deals with onstar unplugged to log and the module lost connectivity and needs to be rebooted by onstar.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Chris N
      Hello!

I have a Sierra Denali 2019 6.2L - I apologize for not knowing much as I got the truck from my brother and never owned a truck before in my life!

I would like to install two antennas on the rear stake pockets and bring the coaxial cables into the cabin. cables are 1/4 inch each. There is a also a small control cable for the tarheel antenna. I don't plan to connect the radios to the Car Batteries as I have separate batteries for radio use.

I would like to know if there are some sort of documentation or drawings that shows where I can check for the cable entry points to the cabin from the rear to bring these cables into the cabin and the precautions I need to do and best practices to seal the entry points to prevent dust and stuff.

any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks...

• By qc71
      Hi, I like to install two antennas in my 2019 Silverado Crew Cab I'm looking at no-drill mounts was looking at the  
      Valley Enterprises Fender Mount Antenna Bracket 3/4 Inch NMO for Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra 2019-2021  but wanted to ask if anyone found a coax cable route that does not require any drilling thru the firewall? any help would be Appreciated
    • By CajunSpices
      Hello, I've done quite a bit of searching on this topic and can't really seem to find a fix. Was wondering if anyone could help me out here as it's starting to get annoying. In my 2014 Chevy Silverado, my options to connect a new phone to bluetooth are greyed out. It doesn't let me click it at all. Another thing that is maybe just coincidence is my onstar seems to not be working either. There is a red light instead of a green one on my rear view mirror. Every now and then it'll go green for 2-3 seconds, and then turn to red. Not sure if this has anything to do with the bluetooth. 

The troubleshooting I have done is: 
      Taken the radio out, cleaned the plugs, refitted them and reattached the radio; Nothing. 

Fooled with the wire behind my rear view mirror to see if it's a bad connection of some sort; Nothing. 

Tried to pair my phone through voice and any other work around; Nothing. 

Removed all previous devices, and still nothing. 

Im kind of at loss here, any help would be appreciated. Thank you! 
    • By firefighter907
      This is pissing me off. I've never been able to get my contacts to load to my truck infotainment system. 2019 truck, 2019 phone... You would think it would not be rocket science. Flash forward to yesterday, so we have completed outfitting a new 2020 2500 diesel WT (with the plain jane WT radio). The chief said all the officers can pair their phones to the truck if they wish. What do you know? It takes just a few seconds to pair and completely download my contacts to this bare bones radio. WTF GM??? Issue an update or whatever to my radio so I can use my flipping phone!!!

• By AndrewSmith21
      Please help I have been to the dealer multiple times in the past few weeks for my 2019 Chevy Colorado. They are struggling to fix this issue and no one really knows how to fix it. It keeps saying the SD card for Navigation has been removed when it hasn't been. I have an iPhone X latest update. The bluetooth comes and goes too when the navigation does. Bluetooth for phone calls will work but music won't play and I have even tried my moms older iPhone and it still does the same thing. The dealership has replaced the SD card, the whole front USB port, and the radio system unit. It still did it today and bluetooth music comes and goes like the SD card reader error for navigation. Any one else experiencing anything on any GM cars?? I also have the latest version of the infotainment system and I'm wondering if the update messed is messing it up like some kind of bug.