Service 4 Wheel Drive?

Hey guys. The service 4 wheel drive note came up on my DIC today. After playing with the knob for awhile, the warning went away and I was able to access all ranges of the transfer case. So this has me thinking, if this happens in the bush where I need to access the 4 wheel drive, am I screwed or can I manually engage (or disengage) 4 wheel drive from under the vehicle. I will take it to the dealer when it happens again as I do have an extended warranty. Thanks.

Thanks Dude. I knew about the 'shut off the key for 1 min' from the user manual; that did not work. The main thrust of the thread is if there a way to maually engage the T-case. The only reason that I ask is that it seems that my truck has had more than its share of bad sensors, soleniods, acuators etc...

Hey guys. The service 4 wheel drive note came up on my DIC today. After playing with the knob for awhile, the warning went away and I was able to access all ranges of the transfer case. So this has me thinking, if this happens in the bush where I need to access the 4 wheel drive, am I screwed or can I manually engage (or disengage) 4 wheel drive from under the vehicle. I will take it to the dealer when it happens again as I do have an extended warranty. Thanks.

Keep me posted on your progress with the dealer. Let me know if you need anything in the meantime. thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

Archived