Install Comp/Temp Autodim Mirror?

I've looked around and can't get an accurate answer on this. I have a 2011 Silverado LT which shows the comp/temp in the DIC. I also have the lame manual rear view mirror with onstar/phone capabilities. I'm wanting to upgrade my mirror to the autodim version with comp/temp on it. Will I need to wire a second sensor or what? Also what mirror would be best?

Thanks. Unfortunately, it didn't really provide me a definite answer.

You might want to get an auto dim only mirror if you already have compass and temp. I'm not sure they will both work at the same time. Also the auto dim only will probably be plug and play. Hope this helps.

This is what I'll probably end up doing. Was hoping to be able to have the "cool" mirror, but I think I'll just settle for plug-n-play.

• 1 year later...

I know this is an older post (over 18 months), but another thing to consider; is if you want to add a backup camera, with the monitor in the mirror, it uses the same wire positions in the mirror connector as the temp sensor. You can get these mirrors with or without OnStar and they will be auto dim.

If you go with your original plan, I would just add a temp sensor and not try and tap into the DIC's temp sensor (it may not be calibrated for the mirror). The compass is part of the mirror.

I would get a Gentex brand mirror

Archived