Warranty claims with GM

I have recently experienced how much GM will stand behind thier vehicles and am very disappointed !

I have as well as my family been GM loyal for as long as i can remember my family owning cars and trucks. Recently my 2007 GMC Sierra 1500 5.3L has had some mechanical issues and needed repair. Only a few months out of warranty and well under the mileage, my engine needed valves, lifters, a cam shaft and all the gaskets fluids etc to rebuild and get back on the road. When this was brought to the attention of warranty claims, GM's review representative brushed me off and has not replied or returned any further calls to go to higher managment for answers.

From the model years of 2007-2011, there are multiple service bulletins about the active fuel management ststem and the problem with this motor burning excess oil. I take very good care of my vehicles and do not abuse them. They have regular maintinance when required and i have never experienced a problem. GM has deniedthe fact they have issued these service bulletins as public knowledge for warranty issues and recalls. For every 3000kms i have had to add 1ltr of oil for the past year or more. NOT normal for a truck with less than 100,000kms.

When this issue was addressed with GM, the only response was that they would place my truck on the list of others with an oil consumption survey. Before long my truck withoit warning lost all oil pressure and the engine had to be torn down and rebuilt with the above parts at my own expense with no support from GM. A $5000.00 repair bill on a relatively new vehicle with just 100,000 kms.

How well do you think this would sit in your mind if this was your truck ? Has anyone else experienced this with thier vehicle ? What course of action did others take to persue these types of matters ?

I would like to hear from others if you have time to comment. Thank you for reading.

How did your dealer handle this? Were they on your side? I believe they have a lot of input as to get GM to help with these types of repairs out of warranty.

You paid 5K to have the motor rebuilt? Why didn't you just replaced it?

I have recently experienced how much GM will stand behind thier vehicles and am very disappointed !

I have as well as my family been GM loyal for as long as i can remember my family owning cars and trucks. Recently my 2007 GMC Sierra 1500 5.3L has had some mechanical issues and needed repair. Only a few months out of warranty and well under the mileage, my engine needed valves, lifters, a cam shaft and all the gaskets fluids etc to rebuild and get back on the road. When this was brought to the attention of warranty claims, GM's review representative brushed me off and has not replied or returned any further calls to go to higher managment for answers.

From the model years of 2007-2011, there are multiple service bulletins about the active fuel management ststem and the problem with this motor burning excess oil. I take very good care of my vehicles and do not abuse them. They have regular maintinance when required and i have never experienced a problem. GM has deniedthe fact they have issued these service bulletins as public knowledge for warranty issues and recalls. For every 3000kms i have had to add 1ltr of oil for the past year or more. NOT normal for a truck with less than 100,000kms.

When this issue was addressed with GM, the only response was that they would place my truck on the list of others with an oil consumption survey. Before long my truck withoit warning lost all oil pressure and the engine had to be torn down and rebuilt with the above parts at my own expense with no support from GM. A $5000.00 repair bill on a relatively new vehicle with just 100,000 kms.

How well do you think this would sit in your mind if this was your truck ? Has anyone else experienced this with thier vehicle ? What course of action did others take to persue these types of matters ?

I would like to hear from others if you have time to comment. Thank you for reading.

I am located in Thunder Bay On, Can. A replacement motor for this was going to be $ 7000.00 Next vehicle may just be a Ford !

Well the transmisson on my last Ford failed at 66k miles, 6k out of warranty and Ford would not help me with that either. I had 2 F150's before switching to GM, both (2002 & 2005) had tranny issues. The 02 also had bad valve seats and would run rough when cold sometimes, even fouled out the #3 spark plug at 40K. The 05 had a laundry list of issues, when the tranny failed I gave up on Ford. Good luck with what every route you choose, if Ford I hope you have better luck than I did, I do think their trucks look the best but I don't see me buying another..

You will find all the automakers produce some burners. If I was you I'd be pissed off, there is no way around that. Unfortunately it happens, you had bad luck. Hopefully they good will it. Keep at customer service.

If this is true then post the name of the DEALERSHIP so other TRUCK owners can be made aware of this.

This seems like a perfect opportunity for the GM social media person to respond and help. If there is no response I would be really disappointed and question their purpose for being on this site!

just dealt with the oil burning issue with the crap fuel management. it was under warranty and it was like pulling teeth to get anything done. gm was no real help either as they seemed to have no influence on my worthless dealer. after many rounds of bs they finally rebuilt the pos, and remember this was under warranty, I had to pay out of pocket for oil, filter, plugs and coolant. how is that not covered in a rebuild? went around with gm and they wouldn't do anything, just said it was the dealers call. bs, after a lifetime with gm and family members with 40yrs of working for them, we are done. will never spend a dime on a new gm anything.

Archived