GMT-900 Private Party Sales Price

I'm thinking about trying to sell my 2010 Silverado 1500 private party vs trading it in. I know it's more of a hassel doing it this way but I've been getting a ton of low-ball offers from the dealerships and think I can get more for my truck. Has anyone had any luck selling their GMT900 private party and if so, how did that relate to your trade in offers? Thanks.

I tried last year with my Tahoe. I ended up getting 1k less than I was asking private party. Much easier to deal with plus the tax savings of trading iin vs selling outright.

Ryan

You must have priced your Tahoe really close to auction value for it to have been close to trading it in. My nada value and what they offered on trade in is like a $5k gap. Is shooting for NADA trade in asking too much for private party?

Used trucks are in demand right now & priced pretty high. Some of it is pent up demand over the years & right now some people have money in their pockets with tax refunds.

You do need to make sure you are selling more than the difference in sales tax. Also need to compare the price your trucks is worth vs what dealers in your area are willing to sell a new 13 for.

Just bought a 13 & most of the private party trucks for sale had more owed on them than they were worth or were too close to what I could buy brand new for. Additionally, interest rates on loans were a point or two cheaper for new vs used at a local credit union.

Funny you ask... One of my buddies texted me today asking if I would consider selling my truck. I really like my truck but I'd sell if for the right price. I checked KBB and it said private party around 29K. Trade-in per KBB was around 25k. I know you don't always get KBB prices also. I doubt my buddy is looking to pay anywhere near KBB, but haven't got back in touch with him.

Thanks for the input guys. I think I'm going to give it a shot selling it on my own. The truck is paid off so no worries about being upside down. I just want to get as much as I can for my trade in.

I'm looking to buy a Passat TDI for the gas mileage. I drive 22,000 miles a year and am spending way too much on fuel. If you know anyone that's looking for a used truck that's lived a sheltered life, let me know.

Archived